Mykolenko

Gana
Iwboi
Onana

Gordon
Maupay
Grey

Subs:

Begovic, godfrey, keane, coleman, doucoure, davies, mcneill, cannon, dcl.

Anyone have a rough idea when the players arrive? My lads birthday and wants to catch a few of them coming in??

Let’s just hope we can shift some dead wood from the squad and reinvest in a striker and a creative midfielder otherwise we are in trouble
Assuming DCL isn’t fit, I still think we do win today though. Maybe 1-0 and tense
COYB!

Maybe so but then that goes back to the board the financial position we were left in after Benitez and how unattractive we were that we were left with a choice between a journey man manager and an inexperienced one with at least a name from his playing days. I am not convinced by Lampard but I also want him to succeed sacking again will only continue our spiral mark my words
I agree that the board is the source of all Everton evil - but I see Lampard as simply an extension of their nefarious incompetence. He was their choice. He is their place man. He is another in the long line of their proven mistakes.

I want the manager to win matches. If he wins today and beats Brighton next week, he'll give himself a fighting chance. We all want this. But if he doesn't, then this is where I deviate from your point of view. I think he will need to be replaced - and quickly. Of course, there is no guarantee these incompetent chancers who run the club will replace him adequately. After all, it is their consistently disastrous selection of managers that has hamstrung us. But I see no reason to passionately defend a proven failure - which is, sadly, what Frank is fast becoming by the match.

As for our spiral: that will continue for as long as this current board remains in situ. The manager will always only be a sympton of their malaise - but there is always a small chance they make a good call, accidentally, in spite of themselves, whereas sticking with failing Frank if things continue as they currently are guarantees disaster.

Here's to a good win today and three points to give him - and us - a fighting chance.

Maybe so but then that goes back to the board the financial position we were left in after Benitez and how unattractive we were that we were left with a choice between a journey man manager and an inexperienced one with at least a name from his playing days. I am not convinced by Lampard but I also want him to succeed sacking again will only continue our spiral mark my words
We weren't left with a choice between only two managers. Other teams no more attractive than us have appointed quality managers. Villas-Boas, Sampaoli, Favre and Joachim Low were all available when we aimed Lampard. All of them had better track records than FL. Everton fans were calling for Lampard - he was clearly topping the polls when they appointed him. We deserve everything we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back