Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton vs Arsenal 22/10/2017 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll win this one 2-1. It'd be a very Everton thing to do, and I saw some signs of life at Lyon.

Did you? I saw a decent 10 minute spell because the crowd got right up for it because of the scrap. Then Lyon scored anyway

Apart from that I seen pickford make save after save to stop the game from getting embarrassing

Think we'll win this one 2-1. It'd be a very Everton thing to do, and I saw some signs of life at Lyon.
Maybe. I cant see it. Wont be surprised if we get an early goal, defend it until extra time, then let them score one or two. Hope Im wrong.

For the first time, in a significantly long time, I have the feeling of not wanting to attend today's fixture and will do so only reluctantly.

Forget anger and the pathetic violence shown on Thursday by some cretins, the spread apathy is far more worrying because I'm not the only one.

Out of hope alone, I was going to say a 2-1 win to the Blue but then I can't see us scoring one let alone two.

Did you? I saw a decent 10 minute spell because the crowd got right up for it because of the scrap. Then Lyon scored anyway

Apart from that I seen pickford make save after save to stop the game from getting embarrassing

Had a good 10-15 minute spell prior to half time and a good 10 minutes or so in the second half. Compared to nearly everything else this season, 20 minutes so of being "alright" counts as a sign of life to me.

I would be more optimistic if Arsenal weren't coming off a defeat.

Still expect some form of reaction though it may not be enough.

Go behind and salvage a draw. 1-1.

Only after the fight which got the crowd going.

The fact that we played actual wingers for a bit rather than 3 10s helped but I’m expecting a return of Rooney and Sig in the same lame formation

..i’m assuming Kenny is injured as he’s not been involved at all of late.

Regardless, based on Koeman’s comments i’m expecting us to go back to front and play a lot more long balls.

Aye, and he mentioned similar about 6 games ago and nothings changed eggs. He's basically saying treat the ball as a hot potato and launch it as far as you can and hope to win 2nd balls. Wouldn't be surprised if thays the plan that he ends up going for a midfield 3 of Morgan, Gueye and McCarthy and Davies has to sit out again. 3 at the back, Baines and Cuco ( or Kenny of that rumour is true) and Rooney behind Calvert Lewin

You would think with what we have available we could actually pass our way around them and a bit of pace on the wings wouldn't go amiss. I thought Mirallas done enough to warrant another start, I thought Lookman done enough to warrant a start and I think I've seen enough of Vlasic to think he deserves a place either side or down the middle behind a striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back