Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The linesman just couldn't bear watching such a fluid everton move capped off with a goal quite clearly! Took away a little what should have been an immediate wonderful goal celebration.
I danced up and down,roared my head off when Gordon slotted the ball home for our second goal then noticed that [Poor language removed] with the flag had ruled the goal out,I’m getting on a bit so I sat down and didn’t have the bleedin’ energy to get up again when the goal was belatedly confirmed, that linesman needs a long rest and I hope the FA give him one!!

Great all round performance boys, from the back right through to the front and three outstanding goals. What more could we ask for.
A great confidence boost for the team and fans. Onwards and upwards UTFTS

Great result yesterday. I was expecting a tough game but we seemed to win comfortably enough. How the linesman thought Gordon`s goal was offside I don`t know. It was n`t even a close call. All 3 goals were really well worked, and the 3 points were vital to get after 3 defeats on the bounce. Hope we can get a good run going up to the break.

Having watched the game this morning I can say it's great to be spoiled for choice on MoM. However, although Alex Iwobi was outstanding again (and will probably get the majority vote) I have gone with Onana. He is another player who gets better with each game and, as he's young, he's going to be at the centre of our success in coming seasons.
Hopefully we can build on yesterday's result over the 3 games before the WC, and come back afterwards in a strong position.

Still baffled at how the assistant flagged that second goal. Gordon literally ran past their defender to get to the loose ball. For once an incident that showed what VAR is there for, or at least what it should be there for - correcting a howler made on the field.
To create a good news story for VAR... I'd put money on someone shouting in headset "flag it offside"...

Great result yesterday. I was expecting a tough game but we seemed to win comfortably enough. How the linesman thought Gordon`s goal was offside I don`t know. It was n`t even a close call. All 3 goals were really well worked, and the 3 points were vital to get after 3 defeats on the bounce. Hope we can get a good run going up to the break.
Gordon was in an offside position earlier in the move when gray had the ball but he pulls back and Gray goes the other way with a slightly backwards pass. Still way overkill to flag for that!

As someone near me said, 'we've waited a long time for some good football for 90 mins.'. In fact the mood before the game was more upbeat and positive, despite losing our last three. The next game can't come quick enough.

Too old - no insulin is the reason - they check up I have had no Hypos every 3 years ......after 70 yrs old it happens anyway......fit or not .....

That’s why I asked, I didn’t think you were over 70, and guessed it might be medical. Glad it’s all good for you….

As someone near me said, 'we've waited a long time for some good football for 90 mins.'. In fact the mood before the game was more upbeat and positive, despite losing our last three. The next game can't come quick enough.
The mood before the game was entirely due to Forest working it up Liverpool, the early goal settled both the team and the fans, and when the fans take over, which they did, they not only inspire the team but frighten the life out of the opposition. Why the team don’t respond to the absolutely brilliant away fans depresses me, let’s see how we perform at Fulham next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.