Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton vs Lyon 19 October, 20:05

WELL?

• EVERTON WIN

Votes: 107 34.2%
  • DRAW

Votes: 43 13.7%
  • GET DEN PERRY OUT

Votes: 163 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knew we'd take a step back w/o Rom and the top 6 getting better so would have been fine with a good UEFA run and mid-table. We don't have that. All managers get fired and Koenman might be a decent manager, but he's bought poorly and we are awful.

He has to go.

I still wouldn't sack him, he showed us he's a good manager last season. Granted this season he's been awful, fell out with players and been stubbern, and spent alot of money. Tonight he showed a willingness to change, tried something different, showed fight and looked interested, when the chips are down the character comes out, I still hold faith despite some of the dross i've watched us play all season. I'd least leave give him a few more games seriously, I really don't think pressing the panic button is the solution.

Sake. Leave it at this and only this.

Might be unpopular right now as everyone wants koemans head. But he started a team (bar injuries) we mostly wanted. He made attacking subs and went after the game. We showed some fight.

The timing of their goals killed us. I'm not koemans biggest fan at all and think it's time for a new manager and change of morale in the team but tonight I reckon he made the right decisions. One of them nights.

At least the performance wasn't utter crap.

Weren't Lyon playing with a very weak squad?? We can hardly use this as an excuse; we don't have that many players out on injury. The only injured player this game needed in fact was Bolasie, and you could argue that we needed Gareth Barry's experience (he's not injured, but playing at West Brom is kind of the same thing.) I do not disagree that he

Siggy as an impact sub was a good decision. Gueye or Besic should have started over Schneiderlin, end of.

The best part of our team today was not Ashley Williams but his attitude. A player like Besic would have maintained that intensity.

Also, Pickford is something special.

It took a brawl between the players to get us going which isn't very encouraging. We then equalised, nearly manage to go ahead but inevitably concede after giving the ball away sloppily. The amount of individual errors and the lack of quality is beyond a joke. I've tried to keep faith with Koeman but it's hard to see how he comes back from the brink to keep his job at this point.

Their second goal did us, and that was down to Martina failing to defend. If not for that I fancied us to score again.
Was CoCo attached to the halfway line flag as he hardly moved from there, you do realise that Garbutt our other left back is not even registered to play Prem football or Euro football!
Great management not - no cover - for Baines!
Every other left back out on loan !

Kinda gutting to see the players that Walsh and Ronko signed playing so [Poor language removed]. Save for Sig and Pick and Vlasic we've splurged money on players that simply aren't looking good enough to wear the shirt. And we still haven't got a striker.

He started
Williams
Cuco
Holgate at right back

After a few subs it was better but we are so low on confidence. We went from battering them to looking like a pub side again.

Yeah the defense is just all round wrong, no defending that (pun not intended) but we had some width and pace regardless of what some people think, he looked like he cared on the touch line.

Again, I would like a change of manager. But I don't believe that will fix every last one of the problems at the club. Tonight was a combination of many issues and I'm positive enough to think at least some of the players show they care. (no prizes for guessing who)

Might be unpopular right now as everyone wants koemans head. But he started a team (bar injuries) we mostly wanted. He made attacking subs and went after the game. We showed some fight.

The timing of their goals killed us. I'm not koemans biggest fan at all and think it's time for a new manager and change of morale in the team but tonight I reckon he made the right decisions. One of them nights.

At least the performance wasn't utter crap.

What game were you watching, a centre half who should have been sent off scored our goal taken by a player who only came on because of injury. Pickford saved us from embarrassment tonight against a team who were well understrengh.
We looked at our best for a 15 minute period in the second half when nobody was playing in their own positions and we conceded when they looked beaten.
I hate to see teams sacking managers at the first sign of trouble but we look so far off the mark we need to do something. At least Unsworth would get the best out of what we have, that won't be good enough to get us top six but it won't get us relegated.

Just embarrassing tonight. Yes, players were out there running around and shoving the other team (who were happily diving in gratitude) but in truth we were a disorganised rabble with no match discipline, zero confidence and no right to go any further in Europe.

Was CoCo attached to the halfway line flag as he hardly moved from there, you do realise that Garbutt our other left back is not even registered to play Prem football or Euro football!
Great management not - no cover - for Baines!
Every other left back out on loan !

What can one say in all honesty, it is just so stupid. Strange as well Niasse nowhere in sight.

For £70k a week I'd be absolutely fine with that.

Reason being? If they had the talent they'd show it and shut them up.

Ah yes i was wondering when you would bring in the wage thing. I would continue but you will go straight back to "well we pay the club money.... which goes to ply the players etc...." or without the fans the club would be nothing etc...... and we will just go in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back