Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonably good half from us...i like how most players come back to defend which is how Moyes has his team set up so good to see that and we are not messing about at the back from goalie to jags to stones but instead playing direct up to Duncan..I mean Lukaku. City are bossing the game with their slick passing which is more Martinez style of football and i fear second half if they bring on Messis little brother Aquero and with the clown we have as our goalkeeper we could see a loss but to be positive if we can keep the pace fast and we create chances as coleman + lukaku just did then it could be a good win and confidence booster for the rest of the season..LET THE DOGS OF WAR AT THEM (as the puppy says in scooby doo)

lukaku looks so much more confident since we've started being a bit more direct. we've been similar to liverpool last season in our approach, we're just not playing a city team stupid enough to play a high line. based on the naiivety of everyone else last season against them, it might work.

been a really intruiging game, city have been very good apart from their finishing, but they will eventually get it right.

i have no faith whatsoever in jagielka and barry, you just sense one of them will cock this up for us and lose any points. besic has been uncharacteristically poor in possession, been showing great effort though.

Going forward he loses the ball every single time. Even when he does a boss turn he then tries do another one and gets tackled/tackles himself. He put one decent cross in but that's it. Barkley has been no better.

Sadly, I've given in. I wanted McGeady to be boss so badly but he's just not.

Funny thing is that despite his mistakes at whoscored Besic is the best player of the game at HT..... I don't agree with that, Nasri and Navas are playing quite well.

If we lose and I hear anybody say "been improvements last two games" I am gonna go off my head.

Scraping a draw against West Ham at home, and getting beat by City.

We need a win desperately here. Win or bust it ought to be for Martinez. Most Premier League chairman would've probably made that clear to the manager ahead of this one.

So good to see us fighting so hard for it. Naismith has done very well in that regard.

Got through a tough first half in which city played very well there. We've got a great chance to win this. We'll need more of a presence in the game though, more possession and more aceness from Rom.

lukaku looks so much more confident since we've started being a bit more direct. we've been similar to liverpool last season in our approach, we're just not playing a city team stupid enough to play a high line. based on the naiivety of everyone else last season against them, it might work.

been a really intruiging game, city have been very good apart from their finishing, but they will eventually get it right.

i have no faith whatsoever in jagielka and barry, you just sense one of them will cock this up for us and lose any points. besic has been uncharacteristically poor in possession, been showing great effort though.
Ageuro on the bench.

I have not watched the festive season games as I was travelling but today is one of the best games I have seen us play, in terms of commitment and pressing the game. Hope we show such effort for the second half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back