Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......can only see Alcaraz and Distin leaving when their contracts are up, not sure when that is. Can't see the other 2 leaving anytime soon.

Jags still has a few miles in him, Barry another season maybe. Distin however needs moving on asap.

We are 3 points above the drop zone. 2 of the teams below us are under new management and unsurprisingly won today.

Complacency can be the worst enemy.
Exactly. The table is what dictates if we are or aren't. As it currently stands, safety is our priority. Saying we're not in a relegation battle doesn't change reality.At this time in the season, we're 1 or 2 more poor results away from being stuck there.

I think the City game was promising, and we're going to play much better going forward, but right now facts are facts. We can say were not in it anymore when we're 6 points clear at minimum.

Exactly. The table is what dictates if we are or aren't. As it currently stands, safety is our priority. Saying we're not in a relegation battle doesn't change reality.At this time in the season, we're 1 or 2 more poor results away from being stuck there.

I think the City game was promising, and we're going to play much better going forward, but right now facts are facts. We can say were not in it anymore when we're 6 points clear at minimum.

True enough. Until we get our next win - and that soon I hope - I won´t be able to relax.

We are 3 points above the drop zone. 2 of the teams below us are under new management and unsurprisingly won today.

Complacency can be the worst enemy.

Nope I'm not complacent mate. I've seen us in relegation battles before and as far as I'm concerned we aren't in one. We are infinitely better than what we've shown, I've posted numerous times why I thought we were doing as crap as we were. The players it seems have decided to pull their finger out of their arses it seems so I'm not expecting any struggles tbh. From here on in I expect our form to improve and the players to show some segment of effort and desire a little like they have done the last two games.

Nope I'm not complacent mate. I've seen us in relegation battles before and as far as I'm concerned we aren't in one. We are infinitely better than what we've shown, I've posted numerous times why I thought we were doing as crap as we were. The players it seems have decided to pull their finger out of their arses it seems so I'm not expecting any struggles tbh. From here on in I expect our form to improve and the players to show some segment of effort and desire a little like they have done the last two games.

Well I hope you're right but we won't have a clearer picture until after the WBA and Palace games.

I've been expecting our form to improve since last August. Mind you it could not get much worse so I suppose it must.

Well I hope you're right but we won't have a clearer picture until after the WBA and Palace games.

I've been expecting our form to improve since last August. Mind you it could not get much worse so I suppose it must.

Exactly, it couldn't get much worse. We hit absolute rock bottom against Hull so the only way is now onwards and upwards. Anyway, next up are those ugly grocks on Tuesday so that's the game I'm looking forward to first ;)

Now when the pressure to actually achieve something this season is off the players will start to perform. We saw that time and time again under Moyes.

This is negative, but I have to come out and say it since I get evaluated constantly in my job and I don´t think professional footballers should be immune:

Just rewatched the match against City and McGeady is just not good enough to play for Everton.

This is negative, but I have to come out and say it since I get evaluated constantly in my job and I don´t think professional footballers should be immune:

Just rewatched the match against City and McGeady is just not good enough to play for Everton.

McGeady tries to do too much at times - do not understand why RM just does not tell him to keep things simply - might play better then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back