Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't be going anywhere. Who else is going to pay a fee plus his high salary on his form this season ? No-one.

A fee is not obligatory. We could say he's so [Poor language removed] that anyone who's willing to pay his wages can have him. But he can still do a job for us I guess.

More like the old Everton we all familiar with. I hope this is the turning point and the team start climbing the table. Please.

Hi, City fan here.

Thought it was quite an even game in the end, with each side having a half where they looked on top. First half nobody could get near David Silva, but that happens most weeks. Some of the linkup play between he and Jovetic was superb, but the latter really isn't a very good finisher at all and so the regular chances that an Aguero or even a Dzeko would put away went high, wide and handsome. At half-time could only see us winning.

Second half was a completely different story, Everton seemed to grow in confidence and take the game to us, much more like their usual selves compared to the side of recent weeks. Lukaku proved more of a handful, but it was Naismith really who caused us most problems. He's an absolute nightmare to play against, but i imagine a player whose graft and attitude is thoroughly appreciated when he's on your own side.

In the end, nobody could have had any complaints had either side grabbed a winner. As impressive as we were first half you have to take your chances, or at least get them on target, and Hart, though at fault for the goal, made at least one excellent stop late on. I guess a point suits both clubs, when you're on a bad run a point like that can kickstart something, especially when you end strongly, and for us a point at Goodison can never be sniffed at.

Good luck at Upton Park midweek.

Hi, City fan here.

Thought it was quite an even game in the end, with each side having a half where they looked on top. First half nobody could get near David Silva, but that happens most weeks. Some of the linkup play between he and Jovetic was superb, but the latter really isn't a very good finisher at all and so the regular chances that an Aguero or even a Dzeko would put away went high, wide and handsome. At half-time could only see us winning.

Second half was a completely different story, Everton seemed to grow in confidence and take the game to us, much more like their usual selves compared to the side of recent weeks. Lukaku proved more of a handful, but it was Naismith really who caused us most problems. He's an absolute nightmare to play against, but i imagine a player whose graft and attitude is thoroughly appreciated when he's on your own side.

In the end, nobody could have had any complaints had either side grabbed a winner. As impressive as we were first half you have to take your chances, or at least get them on target, and Hart, though at fault for the goal, made at least one excellent stop late on. I guess a point suits both clubs, when you're on a bad run a point like that can kickstart something, especially when you end strongly, and for us a point at Goodison can never be sniffed at.

Cheers mate, we always welcome sensible contributions from opposing supporters.

Stick around!

Both are up at the end of the season I think, Alcaraz only signed a 2-year deal when he joined.

......cheers. Hard to see either being renewed, especially considering Distin's age and Alcaraz's injury record. Suppose much will then depend on whether Browning or Galloway are true 1st teamers and if the timing is right for them to step up. There are links with the Celtic lad which makes me think RM wants more cover for next season.

I felt disappointed with yesterday's result.

Didn't think we were close to our best and I felt Joe Hart was the biggest difference of quality on the pitch (even if he is arguably at fault for our goal).

Think both of the above are encouraging signs, able to come from behind against the champions (albeit they were well under par themselves) and still feel disappointed we didn't get more.

I'm still confident in the club, manager and players that we'll turn this around and there's still a lot of good to come from this season, we're just at the lowest point of Martinez's time in charge at the moment, but it will turn around.

I think our players still have a big run and big game wins in them, I think our expectations (well mine anyway) are still as high as they have been for many years and I think our manager will take us somewhere good.

Hi, City fan here.

We do much better against smaller lineups and get bullied by the bigger ones. I was suprised and quite happy that Dzeko didn't get a chance to play.

Very pleased with the second-half performance, and in particular the response to going behind.

There was always going to be a storm to weather, especially when you're up against players as good as Silva, Nasri and Navas, but the defence held their nerve and even old Joel managed to look competent when called upon.

Hopefully Stones' injury problems are now behind him, because he really does make all the difference at the back. Next Everton captain for me, regardless of age.

Hi, City fan here.

Cheers mate always good to hear the views from the other side, when put intelligently across. Good luck with the rest of the season especially when you play our neighbours!!

Cheers mate always good to hear the views from the other side, when put intelligently across. Good luck with the rest of the season especially when you play our neighbours!!
Liked it when the City lads struck up a chorus of 'Steve Gerrard, Gerrard he fell on.....'. It got a few joining in from amongst Blues and also attracted a round of applause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back