Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just get safe and focus on the cups. Maybe towards the end of the season we can blood some of the kids like Browning, Galloway and Henen. I'm not expecting anything more than that. But lets get safe first.

No mate. We are not in a relegation battle so I won't be overly concerned about "getting safe". Cups important, so is the league so we need to go on a run and there's no doubt we have the squad that can.

concentration an work rate was phenomenol mate , very pleasing
the most pleasing aspect of the whole performance... the scoreline dosent reflect
the way we played, very good all round performance, if we got the second goal
it would of been our game, thats what goals do get the momemtum,

kicking on looking a stronger unit through such a diffucult period lid

Cheers Coyb, just watched motd before and like you say, work rate looked a lot more like it should be. Effort and desire from the players goes a long way to pulling us out of this turd we find ourselves currently lying in. Onwards and upwards hopefully now, got a feeling we may see a cracking performance and result from us on Tuesday ;)

No mate. We are not in a relegation battle so I won't be overly concerned about "getting safe". Cups important, so is the league so we need to go on a run and there's no doubt we have the squad that can.

We are 3 points above the drop zone. 2 of the teams below us are under new management and unsurprisingly won today.

Complacency can be the worst enemy.

Let's see how we look after the wba and palace game before declaring ourselves out of a relegation fight

When I had Mike Bassett as my avatar we lost every single game. Ever since I changed my avatar to Kanchelskis we've remained unbeaten and started playing a bit more.

Coincidence?

Didn't see it today, but listened and we seemed to hold off City's potency quite well while showing off our own skills to a reasonable degree, which begs the question - WHY THE HELL DIDN'T WE PLAY LIKE THAT OVER CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!?!?! If we'd played like that against QPR and Hull (H) we'd have bagged at least 10 goals in those games!

Serious questions need asking, as even if we go on a run to top half respectability, we'll look back to those games.

Let's see how we look after the wba and palace game before declaring ourselves out of a relegation fight

Given how our february is looking I think the next two league games will decide our ultimate fate:

0-1 ponts from those games we go down and/or Martinez gets sacked
2-4 much wailing and gnashing of teeth, relegation still a possibility but February becomes entirely pivotal
6 We're nearly kosher, start to relax a bit

I'd put a fair wedge that 2, maybe 3 of them will be here next season.
While I would love if Red were right, I think it is more likely we will hold onto some of the dead weight. I imagine Barry and Jags will be here next season, which on current form, is not good. I would love if Distin never played for us again. In my more optimistic moments, I think that Stones, Besic, McCarthy, Ross, and Rom make the spine of a top 4 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back