Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the manager has learnt that we need hard work to stay in and go forward and win games, instead of trying to cram 3 luxury players and rom into a front 4

Enjoyed the match for the first time in a while.

Keep progressing at this rate and we may actually have a respectable finish to the season.

That's a good point today,just like against west ham we ground out a result from being as goal down.We really didn't have to grind out to many results last season the results and luck went our way,we will have games from now on when it just goes right,but lately it hadn't and I don't think the players really knew how to get the mind set of fighting for a result.But in the last 2 games they've finally seemed to have worked it out and it's concentration and hard work that was the answer.

Missed the game as I was in work and my bloody phone basically died on me at ht. How did we play today folks, good performance? plenty of positives?

Pretty decent mate. Second half better than first but important to remember it was City who are dead good. They had most of the play but hardly tested Robles really.

It wouldn't have been totally unjust had we nicked it. But they could probably say the same.

All in had the right ideas. And right spirit. So yes. Positives were there.

BUT and its an important one. We didn't win, and haven't won for bloody ages.

Pretty decent mate. Second half better than first but important to remember it was City who are dead good. They had most of the play but hardly tested Robles really.

It wouldn't have been totally unjust had we nicked it. But they could probably say the same.

All in had the right ideas. And right spirit. So yes. Positives were there.

BUT and its an important one. We didn't win, and haven't won for bloody ages.

Tbh mate, I think we probably deserved to win it.

Sure, City had most of the possession/territory but we had the best chances by far IMO.

Huge improvement and I hope it continues!

Just watched the game, a much better performaance. Looked decent at the back and created some good chances going forward. Lukaku,besic and stones were brilliant. mcgeady not so much. Naismith made a case for being played on the left, he did well coming inside and linked up with Baines much better than most this season.

Barry for me looks knackered at 60 minutes. I think our starting pairing in midfield has to be mcarthy and besic. I loved the moment when besic went crazy after having a foul given against him. Lukaku up top was fantastic. Barkley was largely annonymous, beside being caught on the ball a few times I can't really remember anything he did.

Hopefully mcarthy is back for the next game, give Barry a rest and start mirallas and naismith on either wing.

Overall much improved, looking forward to the west ham game now and it's been a while since I've looked forward to the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back