Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
back from the bar. had a good time. at 8am, 10 people helped open the joint for PL matches. 3 of us Toffees. went berserk when Seamus hit the crossbar and Jags had one called back. absolute bonkers when Naisy equalized. love the lid.

Spot on about Besic, so basic passes. Frustrated Barkley with his no-vision mindset. I remember Besic had more attacking minded passes in his early games?
Hold on ! besic is a holding midfielder and there to break up play, barkley is a luxury player that's supposed to have it all. Everytime besic gave him the ball and said go on show us what you can do Barkley just kept kicking it back to him or passed it sideways. I really can't see how Barkley is starting at the minute.

Great performance. Thankfully City didn't have their shooting boots on in the first half or we would admittedly have been losing at the break, Jags was a bit all over the place in that half. The second half was a massive improvement. We looked good going forward and defended well.

Stones, as expected, brought more calmness and solidity back to the back 4. Keeping him fit could be the most important thing we do this season.

Besic was everywhere, the lad doesn't stop, love him. Him and McCarthy for a combined £17m is unbelievable business.

Lukaku very impressive, though pretty isolated in the first half. Barkley didn't really take the game by the scruff of the neck but can still produce moments of class.

Anybody being negative after that is quite frankly a bit of a melt. Best we've played for ages in that second half. Clearly there is room for improvement but the signs are good, onwards and upwards with a win on Tuesday hopefully.

Great performance. Thankfully City didn't have their shooting boots on in the first half or we would admittedly have been losing at the break, Jags was a bit all over the place in that half. The second half was a massive improvement. We looked good going forward and defended well.

Stones, as expected, brought more calmness and solidity back to the back 4. Keeping him fit could be the most important thing we do this season.

Besic was everywhere, the lad doesn't stop, love him. Him and McCarthy for a combined £17m is unbelievable business.

Lukaku very impressive, though pretty isolated in the first half. Barkley didn't really take the game by the scruff of the neck but can still produce moments of class.

Anybody being negative after that is quite frankly a bit of a melt. Best we've played for ages in that second half. Clearly there is room for improvement but the signs are good, onwards and upwards with a win on Tuesday hopefully.
I actually thought City looked a bit rocked, as if to say "WTF is going on here?" at times.

Defence was a bit jittery early on and if City hadn't been so wasteful, we could have been dead and buried. From around the 20 minute mark though, we steadily improved in all areas and gave them a decent game. And with a wee bit more luck, we could have won that.
Slow signs of cohesion and confidence returning, so whilst not wishing to get carried away with today's result, we need to simply take each game as it comes and re-build and hopefully make the most of the FA Cup and EL while aiming for the top eight.

I actually thought City looked a bit rocked, as if to say "WTF is going on here?" at times.

They were mate, tbh we looked more likely to score when they got their goal. Only that we were committing quite a few men forward and they broke well. And I must admit, once we went 1-0 down I thought they would just close the game out easily, but was impressed with how we fought back. Great ball from Baines for the goal too.

thought we played very well. Stones made a big difference, Besic was great and Lukaku carried on where he left off against West Ham, and to give Robles credit, I thought he played well.

Glad Martinez has seen some sense and we mixed it up a bit.

Much more like it. Today we finally resembled everton of last season. High tempo, pressing off the ball, moving the ball forward quickly and making it uncomfortable for our opponents.

We had to ride a couple of storms, which is to be expected, but we looked so much calmer in defence, which is what the presence of john stones brings. After a couple of nervy touches in the first half, Jagielka settled down and did what he is best at: defending.

Coleman got forward more than he has in recent games and was unfortunate not to score when he hit the bar. Baines didn't get forward much but he defended very well. Besic and barry again had some nervy touches but I thought they grew into the game. Maybe barry has been carrying a knock? He seems to be finding some form.

Barkley was quiet. City did a job on him and it worked, he didn't have much space to work in. McGeady put a shift in but he's so inconsistent and frustrating, fair play though he did a job defensively. Naismith did what he does best, harass, win headers, keep the ball moving. Lukaku was great again and brought some good saves from hart.

Overall a good win and performace. Robles didn't have much to do which shows how well the players in front of him played. Onwards and upwards blues!

That's pretty much exactly the summary I was going to type.
Good performances all over the pitch, but Barry's still struggling to find some form.

Well in Titus ... and Everton too.

Great performance today. Lot of passion and energy. Baines looked better after his rest v west ham. Besic was my MOTM. Him and Naismith are our leaders on the pitch at this present moment. Also good job stones was in instead of distin/alcaraz. Some lovely pieces of skill from him today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back