Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Lukaku. I'm telling you, he's looked brilliant in the last two games and I think his determination is now brushing off on the others.
He has looked frighteningly good for a 21 year old. His touch hasn't been a problem and he's even backing into people and using his strength.

Apart from 2 good saves, one world class from Hart he would have had a brace.

We're still a long way from our best, but certainly improving.

Top performances from Lukaku and Besic, again. Stones improves our defence so much. We're still without a win in 5, though. So let's kick on and obliterate WHU on Tuesday.

Lukaku has been Very good in the past 2 games in terms of performance but prior to that the way the manager had us playing until he was over ruled his scoring rate compared to chances created for him was excellent too

I'd have taken this result at the start considering our boss form. Now must ensure that we win the next game with a clean sheet. It can only do the world of good to our defence and maybe Joel for the next month or so.

How exactly did Besic go psycho in the 2nd half? Missed the 2nd half.

Much more like it. Today we finally resembled everton of last season. High tempo, pressing off the ball, moving the ball forward quickly and making it uncomfortable for our opponents.

We had to ride a couple of storms, which is to be expected, but we looked so much calmer in defence, which is what the presence of john stones brings. After a couple of nervy touches in the first half, Jagielka settled down and did what he is best at: defending.

Coleman got forward more than he has in recent games and was unfortunate not to score when he hit the bar. Baines didn't get forward much but he defended very well. Besic and barry again had some nervy touches but I thought they grew into the game. Maybe barry has been carrying a knock? He seems to be finding some form.

Barkley was quiet. City did a job on him and it worked, he didn't have much space to work in. McGeady put a shift in but he's so inconsistent and frustrating, fair play though he did a job defensively. Naismith did what he does best, harass, win headers, keep the ball moving. Lukaku was great again and brought some good saves from hart.

Overall a good point and performace. Robles didn't have much to do which shows how well the players in front of him played. Onwards and upwards blues!

Last edited:
I'd have taken this result at the start considering our boss form. Now must ensure that we win the next game with a clean sheet. It can only do the world of good to our defence and maybe Joel for the next month or so.

there was a moment when Atkinson gave a foul for his tackle and he totally flipped out, hit a ground a couple of times. But i think he controlled himself well, it was just his passion showing

He didn't go "that" psycho, just punched the ground several times after that Silva challenge and shouted at his teammates's faces at the end to go forward. It was like a consolidated psycho action from him, like " FFS, I wanna win, come on and work your asses off for that".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back