Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree

I think a game like today suits us much much more. So called superior opposition trying to break US down rather than it usually being the other way round and we can't break down the team sitting back.

We need to try and get this going against the smaller sides for me. Not sure Martinez does though.

It's just taking a few risks instead if playing safe.

West Ham had the majority of the possesion last week cause we weren't afraid to lose it, we were happy to have a go.

It will be the same v West Brom as well. They may not be good enough to dominate it like City did today but they'll certainly see more of it than they would of a month ago.

@bizzaro I love Naismith, I just do. His passion is something that can't be replaced. He may play sometimes bold and badly but he's just the type of player for who I just don't care if he's sloppy a bit. He bites. That's what matters.

Yeah ... the problem is that we haven't been doing anything with our possession except feck about at the back & then lose the ball.
All possession stats do is to look good in print

Agreed, we've been ineffective of late, but do you think if we had been playing against West Brom today we would have played like we did today ie soaking up pressure and then counter attacking?

I don't think we would, and I would want us to either. I loved watching us play last year and the way we went about our play.

Without wanting to derail the thread.

Barkley's never, ever, let us down when player there.

All his best performances over the last 2 years have come with him in that role. Last year he turned the derby on its head when he went there, same away v City this year, he's fine with it even in the big games.

He certainly couldn't offer any less protection that Barry has done prior to today.

That's his position, just let him loose there and he'll lift the whole team up a level.
Even today he got caught on the ball in the center circle which lead to a break they should have scored from. Barry was excellent today. It was the right team selection. Even Naismith out on the wing gave us more defensively than Mirallas.

Actually although Barkley was a bit anonymous first half he was much better 2nd but still needs to track back and work harder defensively.

That however should be our lineup except swap Kev for McGeady.

It's just taking a few risks instead if playing safe.

West Ham had the majority of the possesion last week cause we weren't afraid to lose it, we were happy to have a go.

It will be the same v West Brom as well. They may not be good enough to dominate it like City did today but they'll certainly see more of it than they would of a month ago.
But we'll make more chances and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back