Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...key for me was that we were more solid at the back. Stones could be the best talent we have at the club. A lot more encouraging, they play the way Martinez preaches, getting the ball down and passing - but they do it around the box. Chelsea do the same.

Let's be solid and un-crompromising when opposition have the ball and creative when we have it. Simple really.

...key for me was that we were more solid at the back. Stones could be the best talent we have at the club. A lot more encouraging, they play the way Martinez preaches, getting the ball down and passing - but they do it around the box. Chelsea do the same.

Let's be solid and un-crompromising when opposition have the ball and creative when we have it. Simple really.

That is far too simple........

Stats say EFC 32% with 4 shots on target ex 10 in total against City 18 shots with only 2 on target. Possession isn't everything
We didnt play tiki taka against West ham did we. So our more direct style is here to stay. Today was a textbook Moyes game. 2 banks of 4 and fast balls (not high balls) to Lukaku. Plus some wing play fom Coleman who allmost scoed in the first half. Against West brom we will have to stay compact (not like against WestHam) and play fast balls out of defense.

Only seen the 2nd half due to circumstances, but hey that was a much improved performance. Hopefully the rot has been stopped now and we can use todays display as our springboard. Very impressed by Lukaku's workrate.

Although McGeady frustrates me going forward, have to give a shout for his defensive effort & cover today.

Besic - I'm still not warming to him, his football is incredibly basic for this league, all passes are to the closest guy and he never seems to look up/forward? Him and Ross are going to have a falling out soon.

Joel no longer looks like a stand-in.

Stones is world class.
Spot on about Besic, so basic passes. Frustrated Barkley with his no-vision mindset. I remember Besic had more attacking minded passes in his early games?

Pretty classy from Pellegrini:
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini: "In the first half we had clear chances. In the second half Everton improved and had a chance to draw and did so. If you said at the beginning you are going to draw at Everton away maybe it is not so bad.

"It's so important in first 25 minutes because if you score then it is a different game. We didn't and Everton grew in the second half and it was a very close game in the last 35 minutes. We had a lot of chances but were maybe missing the last pass.

"We knew before the game the most dangerous part of Everton was at set pieces. They had a free-kick and scored. We could do more for the goal but we didn't.

But wtf at the highlighted lol!

I didn't say it is mate...merely saying that because City had all the ball we didn't play our usual possession based game

Yeah ... the problem is that we haven't been doing anything with our possession except feck about at the back & then lose the ball.
All possession stats do is to look good in print

It was a handball from Zabaleta on the floor after he had tackled Lukaku. But the distance the ball travelled from that tackle to them scoring, something should be done about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back