Everton vs Man City - 10th Jan, 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momentum is a funny thing. Two draws but feel like we're about to go on a run. Biggest thing is we've gone behind And come back. Need to get the first against the Hammers and feel the floodgates could open.

Next two games are just huge. The fact West Brom have got Pulis means that game will be anything but easy, I'd take any sort of scrappy win in that one.

Fortress Goodison.. nobody leaves with more than a draw.

Wrong season mate

iu

The closing down and urgency when we don't have the ball has been the biggest change for me. We were even stopping crosses ffs!

Hopefully that'll give us the confidence and we can go on a run.

the everton of late gave up too easily as soon as they let in a goal, but last couple of games they've come back to rescue two draws, all because they've shown a bit of fight. shows what football is really, you can have all the quality in the world, but if you don't have desire you'll come up short.

that was more everton.

The result, while very nice, is not the important thing today, RM is now willing to change and move the ball at pace. We are back, provided we keep playing this style. Now looking forward to next few matches. Could have played ourselves into some sort of form before derby game

Still baffles me how Barry/McGeady/Naismith have been getting [Poor language removed] though and Barkley can get away with being completely not arsed about the game. If he had Naismith's work rate he'd be a £60m player.

Much better.

Not ecstatic but in the context of things, better than I expected and we seem to be playing better in general.

Not perfect but quite reassuring.
Bye bye tiki taka . I hope for ever. Everton is NOT made for tiki taka. Dont have the players for that [Poor language removed].
Barry and Naismith had very good games Naismith did work for two . Had all the defensive duties Barkley (very poor)
doesnt want to do. Did like Lukaku . Rediscovered some form but still looses to many easy balls. Jagielka after a very wobbly start got better later in the game. Stones our only good CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back