Match Thread Everton Vs Man Utd - FA Cup Semi Final - Wembley - Sat 23rd April - KO 17:15

Do you want Moyes back?

• Yes, I need psychiatric help.

• No, I am of sound mind.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oviedo injured himself during the Southampton game and should've been subbed, really, but there weren't any options.

He hasn't turned into a gash player. Still wouldn't pick him for the semi if I could help it though.

I'm really struggling to see how we'll string a defence together tbh.

Thought Gibson was the best player on the pitch during the first half vs. Southampton, but he can't do 90 mins.

I'm getting depressed just writing this. Just play like the shirt bleedin' well means something, Everton. That's as much as we can ask.

Yes- feeling some excitement today about the whole thing!
Perhaps he will roll the dice on both Stones and Jags in CB partnership and have Pennington on the bench this time around in case they cant do the full 90. Baines is a lock if fit and Lennon or Cleverly could fill the RB role. IMHO we only have two chances both of which seem unlikely in reality Its either the early goal or hold on for penno's.
Either way we have to go for it in the first half with the best team we can put out knowing full well they will not last the 90. Run the clock down in the second half either protecting a lead or keeping it at 0-0 and hope to get to Penno's. The former of which we are the worst team in the league at doing successfully BTW.
Midfield I'd start with Barry and McCarthy with Besic coming on at half time for Barry.
That would allow the attacking diamond to be focused around protecting whoever is at RB (so the other one of Lennon/Cleverly plays RM) with Barkley, Rom and Mirralas on the left. The remainder of the bench would be disaster fillers (Howard, Connolly, Ossie)but the only real sub chance would be Gerri if we go into half time a goal or two down, because its such a one off, caution could be thrown to the wind on the right flank. doesn't really matter on the day if its 0-1 or 0-3 so circumstances will dictate a somewhat flexible approach (once again not our strong suit). Should we be in a positive position at half time I would look to Connolly to replace the RB after 70 minutes or so to keep fresh legs on their speedy winger.

think we need to go as solid as poss for this and hope for a bit of magic/luck from someone

so, depending on fitness..
--------robles
pennington jags stones baines
-----barry mccarthy
lennon barkley cleverley
------lukaku
Sorry, I don't like that line up.

Gonna hinge on Jags starting (even if he doesn't play the full 90). The idea of starting with Stones and A N Other sends shivers down my spine.

Surely, SURELY, it can't be as bad as Wednesday again. Surely we can look at least competent?

If we're to win, it has to be in the 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back