Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not superstitious, but my AFL club in Melbourne - Carlton - hasn't won any silverware since 1995 and always finishes bottom half but it's just won our first game of the season an hour ago against a team that's won the league here in three of the last five seasons.

My luck might be changing at the right time.

nothing highlights the bleakness of this season like me searching online to see if Jonjoe Shelvey is still injured because I deem his absence a greater chance for Everton to prevail. lol what have you done to me Everton?
Yeah dude. And our starting line up seems irrelevant too. Feel we bad regardless of our formation or starting 11

As the great Neville Southall said on Twitter the other day: we fans have really got to be up for this one. We’ve got to be behind our players from the first whistle until the last. They are mentally weak and don’t respond to the sort of abuse and booing that has characterised our support over the last decade.

This is probably the biggest game in our history. Realistically we aren’t likely to get a single point from the whole month of April. And make no mistake: relegation means doing a Bury. Best case scenario is a Derby type situation. Some have said “oh the stadium won’t happen if we go down” but that would be the very least of our worries.
I think we’ll survive if we get relegated, which is looking more and more likely with every week that passes. We might do a Nottingham Forest but we will survive. Bury’s finances were in far worse shape than ours.

nothing highlights the bleakness of this season like me searching online to see if Jonjoe Shelvey is still injured because I deem his absence a greater chance for Everton to prevail. lol what have you done to me Everton?
It's so sad to think that Shelvey is better than what we have in midfield right now. But he probably is. But he doesn't play like he's about to fill his pants every game which is what ours do. I've never seen a team so afraid as this current Everton squad.

It's so sad to think that Shelvey is better than what we have in midfield right now. But he probably is. But he doesn't play like he's about to fill his pants every game which is what ours do. I've never seen a team so afraid as this current Everton squad.
Shelvey and Joelinton are doubts.
Could be good for us.

hoping the night element will help. Sundays everyone is hungover and coming down so i think that's why we weren't up for Wolves.
In hoping this too, it has to be the most angry GP for years, fiorentina/villareal levels of noise/anger/bile.

I really hate lunchtime kick offs on a sat, or early Sunday kick offs - the crowd are just flat, even if the team are doing ok (not that we have done ok recently!)

Status
Not open for further replies.