Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a few weeks away unfortunately.

Whoever he plays right back, he'll need to have someone in front of him who will help out defensively.

Last time out Coleman was skinned alive by St Maximin.
Yeh, we certainly need to double up on him
Might even make sense to have Godfrey on the right side for his speed cos maximin played off the shoulder last time and left us for dead a few times

Forgot all about ASM. He's going to absolutely beast our defence :(

If he's actually on form though, tends to be anonymous at times. Typical he had a blinder against us last time out but that was after being invisible against us the last 3 times.

Anyway. We need to win this. Nevermind shoring up the defence, if we can't show aptitude going forward we're not getting anywhere. Attacking efforts against Wolves was far from satisfactory, nevermind the games before that.

Here's the obligatory reminder that we haven't score since the Leeds game on the 12th of february. That's over 6 hours of football without a goal.

If he's actually on form though, tends to be anonymous at times. Typical he had a blinder against us last time out but that was after being invisible against us the last 3 times.

Anyway. We need to win this. Nevermind shoring up the defence, if we can't show aptitude going forward we're not getting anywhere. Attacking efforts against Wolves was far from satisfactory, nevermind the games before that.

Here's the obligatory reminder that we haven't score since the Leeds game on the 12th of february. That's over 6 hours of football without a goal.

You need to stop the supply to him. That means lots of aggression to get up and press their midfield.

This has a 2/3 goal defeat written all over it. I have no faith in the players and am rapidly losing faith in the management teams ability to make us hard to beat.

I don't think Seamus should step onto the field tomorrow night - last time out he was massively exploited.

Has to be Patterson and Mykolenko at LB/RB with Godfrey and Branthwaite in the middle. If Lampard can't see that Coleman shouldn't be playing, we literally deserve all we get. We need to watch how high the defence plays and stay solid - no playing out from the back.

Some seriously big shifts need putting in, in every position. We have to 'out fight' a team that clearly has more fight in them. Rocket up arse time Frank!

I don't think Seamus should step onto the field tomorrow night - last time out he was massively exploited.

Has to be Patterson and Mykolenko at LB/RB with Godfrey and Branthwaite in the middle. If Lampard can't see that Coleman shouldn't be playing, we literally deserve all we get. We need to watch how high the defence plays and stay solid - no playing out from the back.
I think we cannot play both of those at the same time at RB LB, too much inexpereience at this level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back