Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bouncing atmosphere is not going to slow maximin down or speed seamus up!
We need
Coleman Godfrey BRanthwaite myko

That’s the best we can offer imo

I just dont want Godfrey as a CB mate.

If you cant win a header you have no business being a CB especially when big Chris Wood is coming to town.

The position we are in Lampard has to pick a side and stick regardless of results - chopping and changing every single week will guarantee we go down as players wont have any chemistry / bond on the pitch.

I just dont want Godfrey as a CB mate.

If you cant win a header you have no business being a CB especially when big Chris Wood is coming to town.

The position we are in Lampard has to pick a side and stick regardless of results - chopping and changing every single week will guarantee we go down as players wont have any chemistry / bond on the pitch.
Our issue is, slug but ok in the air Keane or rapid but poor in the air Godfrey
They have pace and airial (sp) threats (how on earth do you spell arial aerial aeriel ??

Stick or twist

Our issue is, slug but ok in the air Keane or rapid but poor in the air Godfrey
They have pace and airial (sp) threats (how on earth do you spell arial aerial aeriel ??

Stick or twist

For me I prefer Keane out the pair + Holgate even just on the odd chance he can score from a set piece or does have it in his locker to pick a decent long pass into the forwards.

Small margins like that can be the difference in our position. Godfrey for me should be used as a LB for now then give Mykolenko and Patterson a full pre season to hopefully bed in for next season.

Night game under the lights.
Something has to give.
The ship needs to turn.

I hope we just start 4-3-3 and hopefully DCL is back.

We have to do something now so if we work hard and press, we will win. Anything less is just asking for trouble.

Desperately need an early goal in our favour and starting on the front foot.

If not then I fear a repeat of Sunday the longer it goes on. If we go behind game over.

I thought minimum 4 points was needed this week and we can only now get 3. A win would mitigate Sunday and perhaps provide some much needed momentum.

A point isn't much better than useless here in my view. It's win or bust.

For me I prefer Keane out the pair + Holgate even just on the odd chance he can score from a set piece or does have it in his locker to pick a decent long pass into the forwards.

Small margins like that can be the difference in our position. Godfrey for me should be used as a LB for now then give Mykolenko and Patterson a full pre season to hopefully bed in for next season.
Keane and holgate have been our worst players for a while now

BRanthwaite is better than holgate and Godfrey is quicker and less terrified than Keane

Iwobi will help the full back. I'm not against playing Patterson at all, but it's not going to happen. Kenny is unavailable as well.

Yeah, I get that - not sure what Lampard is thinking regarding Pats

But, on what world does Iwobi help with anything? lol

Now we have Godfrey back, does that open up the '3 at the back' option? Myko and Patterson as wingbacks outside a midfield 3 with the centre mid to play a more attacking role, with 2 up top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back