Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4-3-3 required. VdB, Allan, and Doucoure furthest man up bombing on and arriving late in the box. Rich was far too isolated against Wolves. Gray and Gordon on the flanks. Must win game, point isn’t good enough. Think we need to score first 20 for our confidence.
Rich was too isolated, he badly needed Rondon alongside him, if was so easy for Wolves to play against him, in fact the amount of times they were able to push up and catch him offside was criminal

Our players seem to be content to find new and inventive ways to disgrace our beloved club with every passing match these days.
Absolute cowards and undeserving of the honour and responsibility of representing the blue shirt.
Dave Hickson god bless his soul, would be disgusted.

Well, since we’re clearly still lacking a bit of creativity and can’t come close to scoring with how we’ve been playing, I’d give Dele a go cuz why not.

———————Picks———————
Coleman—Godfrey—Holgate—Myko
————Doucoure—Allan————
Gordo—————Dele—————Gray
————————Richy———————-

DCL won’t play Thursday after his illness.

Personally I’d play Rondon, let him work and win some knock downs etc, do the dirty work which in fairness he is pretty good at. Richarlison and Gordon or Gray on the wings.

But most important we need a midfield 3 of Allan, VDB and Doucoure.

Bet you never thought you'd say that sentence in your life.
No, but then I never thought I would see the rebirth of him just by moving him back into midfield, he is like a totally different player compared to the carthorse that was upfront before.

I don't have a clue what team or formation the manager will play for this one and I don't envy Lampards conundrum.
Numerous opinions have been posted here, which means that many posters will inevitably be disapointed even before kick off.
The fact is that whichever players and formation he decides on, the players selected will need to up their game and show the fight and spirit that they have lacked lately.
I am an optimist by nature and still cling to the belief that we won't be relegated. (more to do with the fact that the teams below us are equally as bad as us)
If we lose this match however I would certainly be worried.
My prediction is Everton 2 Newcastle 0

*crosses fingers and prays to non existant big man in the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back