Match Thread Everton vs Wolves - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to know where to go with the CBs specifically, and defence in general
but I'd have Godfrey and Kenny either side of CBs
Alan linking with Godfrey and Gordon on the left, Doucs linking with Kenny and Gray on the right
DVB (false 10) pressing from behind as it goes left of right. Richarlison (false 9) to defend the spine where DVB is not.
Look to hit them on the counter while absorbing pressure. Let them come at us for the first 20. Then start putting the pressure on.

Start solid defensively, start to build the balance and control the rhythm and tempo of game, then exploit their weakspots, then go and win the game
Use Donnie as the conductor in attack - the team need to respond with nous
Then Crush em under the weight of Goodison and send these wolves scurrying back to their dens

I thought I heard Vinny O'Connor say at the ground that Lampard had said some players weren't giving their all in training and that there needed to be a culture shift? Was that right? I was only half paying attention but those comments are far from the normal wishy-washy rubbish. Did he say words to this effect in the last few days?

I thought I heard Vinny O'Connor say at the ground that Lampard had said some players weren't giving their all in training and that there needed to be a culture shift? Was that right? I was only half paying attention but those comments are far from the normal wishy-washy rubbish. Did he say words to this effect in the last few days?
Restless night for me - it will be a hard game today, but we will win COYB

Yes, it has now been quoted from a couple of different sources. No names overtly mentioned yet.

That is correct mate, I posted about this a few pages back - Mykolenko, Patterson, and Branthwaite have all been told to up the effort levels. I can understand it with Myko but if the other 2 are lacking then that is worrying for me, they should be young and hungry and there is nothing to stop them earning a place in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back