Everton Youth Teams Thread

At least our u18s are good. 2-0 away win at Chelsea today.
We need a manager in place to take advantage of these players coming through in next few years, Roberto isn't that man.

Chelsea Youth twitter account which follows all youth football and watches all the Chelsea games says we were the best team they'd faced in any competition this year.

That Chelsea team have scored 90 goals in all competitions this year (11 in their last 2) and we kept a clean sheet.

Galloway and Ledson to come through for next season at least as bench warmers?

Who seems the more likely to come through at right back, Kenny or Jones or maybe Pennington? Need someone to push coleman.
My guess would be, despite being the youngest, Kenny. Absolutely love his attitude, his calmness about taking penalties (especially 4th and winning one he scored for England last summer) suggests he could handle the pressure at least. Might not be physically developed enough though.

Galloway and Ledson to come through for next season at least as bench warmers?

Who seems the more likely to come through at right back, Kenny or Jones or maybe Pennington? Need someone to push coleman.

I think Kenny is the best of the 3 and is also able to play centre back. I hope he gets promoted to first team squad next season and maybe gets a game in League Cup. Jones I would send out on loan to a Championship club to get him some experience. Pennington is more suited as a centre back.

....not really, if one or two are good enough to come through it doesn't really matter how good the international standard is. England might be poor but we might still have an outstanding individual or two in there.

yep, but they could still be crap players, just having even crapper players behind them in the list.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/d...uro-elite-round-qualifier-match-report-210315
Nathan Holland ran past three defenders down the right, skipping round the outside of the full-back to meet his own ball and cross from the byline. Keeper Kjetil Haug managed to palm the cross away, but Wright was on hand to smash home the loose ball from six yards – but the hosts advantage would not last long.

Midfielder Tom Davies was having a fine game, spraying the ball around like a quarter-back, launching England’s attack on several occasions. He was linking up well with his Everton team-mate Holland on the right, but their second goal was to arrive from a set piece.

....the kids can do no more than achieve the accolade of being picked at the highest level. It's still a long way from Premiership but at this stage they are the best around, I'm not knocking that.
If one or two come through each year to in and around the first team squad as they have been doing Eggs the academy is more than doing its job.

only a good sign if these england youth teams are any good though.

European champions, Proof enough Jack?

ryan-ledson-england-u17s-lap-of-honour-300514.ashx

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back