Everton Youth Teams Thread

My guess would be, despite being the youngest, Kenny. Absolutely love his attitude, his calmness about taking penalties (especially 4th and winning one he scored for England last summer) suggests he could handle the pressure at least. Might not be physically developed enough though.

Ledson few months younger than kenny I think

The three Everton lads starting again, just kicked off

@england: TEAM NEWS England U17s v Slovenia: Woolston, Yates, Oxford (C), Suliman, DaSilva, Davies, Wright, Holland, Willock, Ndukwu, Sterling

@england: KICK-OFF is 7pm. You can listen to England U17s v Slovenia live on @LiveSportsFM or pay on the gate @ChesterfieldFC - COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

Apparently Slovenia were the better side but England are 3-0 up at half time. First goal from a Holland corner, second goal scored by Holland and 3rd own goal from a Holland cross.

Do people actively watch the young'uns???

If so what do they set up like?? Is it similar to the first team

.....live around the corner from Bellfield so I was a regular there for many years, FF is a bit out in the sticks but I know a few on here watch games now. FF pitches are apparently an exact size duplicate to Goodison and the RM approach is apparently adopted through the age groups.

Match report of England U17s vs Slovenia, result means we top the group regardless of final game so guaranteed to go through to the Euros.
http://www.thefa.com/news/england/d...nia-elite-round-qualifier-match-report-230315

Written by this guy ;)
@garystonehouse: Buzzing @NnathanHolland bagged. Told the Everton lads I wasn't shaving til one of them scored. Can finally get rid of this awful bum fluff

......Tom Davies lives around the corner from me, his brother was also at Everton at one stage. Holland is a Manchester lad, good that we have a scouting regime in that area. All we can say at this stage is the signs are good that we have a few more talented youngsters coming through.

......Tom Davies lives around the corner from me, his brother was also at Everton at one stage. Holland is a Manchester lad, good that we have a scouting regime in that area. All we can say at this stage is the signs are good that we have a few more talented youngsters coming through.

Davies was the captain of the age group that Walsh, Holland, Connolly, Brewster etc were in and was regarded as our strongest age group we've had for a long time (certainly in over a decade).

He is said to be a bit of a clone of Ledson. I have seen him play at right back though. He is not as highly regarded as Walsh but tends to get more intentional recognition. He has a good engine and ran the game for the England under 17's recently.

Holland looks to be a good winger. And Yates is a solid right back.

When you consider we beat Chelsea without those 3, as well as no Kenny, Ledson or Williams who are all eligible it shows the confidence we have.

It's hard to make direct comparisons but all of the above I have mentioned were more highly rated than Browning or say Long was at a similar age. Or alternatively the majority of them are at least as well thought of as Garbutt.

We have scouted brilliantly over the last 15 years or so. Liverpool as city is a Goldmine for talent, and the surrounding areas/Manchester is not far behind. The under 18's/17's we currently have are very strong. What will be interesting to see going forward is if this is a result of a long term shift to move to FF (they are the first age groups through) or whether they are just a standout generation (like we had in say 98).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back