Everton Youth Teams Thread

Do you get the impression Tom Davies should have been given the summer off?.

Personally I think he's played a lot of football for a teenager the last 18 months. All in the engine room in the toughesf league in the world.
Hard to disagree with that, Davies has played a lot for someone still 19. There’s was an article recently on Lookman which basically complemented RB Leipzig on the way they played him understanding that at his age he wasnt ready for regular 90 min games. Hopefully the Brands/ Silva combo will apply similar thinking.

I caught up via quick fast forward/ pause/ rewind etc on this match and our players.
Kenny played full 80 mins, looked very comfortable playing right side of a back three, impressive in the air for his size.
Davies, well not a lot to say . Lewis Cook replaced him second half and made a big difference to England.
Dowell came on say mid second half and really played just as we know he can play. Not hugely involved but every touch was a clever flick , a long 40 yard pass to the opposite wing and on one occasion a dribble past players cutting inside to shoot well with his left bringing a good reaction save with his foot from the keeper . He’s going to be an inigma next season, possibly not involved enough to start games but too good to not use in short spells.
Callum Connolly came on late for , of all people, Tammy Abraham, and as far as I could tell was asked to play further forward. He had some good touches when he had the ball, and as always had the ability to win headers with well timed leaps - in one he was way above the GK but penalised then and for another headed challenge. I love Connolly, ask him to do a job and he’ll give it a go and do it whether from full back, Centre back , midfield or further forward. I worry that he doesn’t have enough pace or silky skills to stand out but I hope we keep him around for a few more years and see just how far he can develop.
Four home grown players on the pitch was a great testament to our Academy.

Cook is going to be a very good player.

Tim Vickery on the world football phone in was praising Antonee Robinsons performance against Bolivia.

Finally!! lol

An unused sub in yesterday’s USA ‘s 2-1 loss in Ireland. They have more games coming up for him to continue to shine.

Would be good to finally get some exposure in the US aside from calamity keepers and loans.

Hard to disagree with that, Davies has played a lot for someone still 19. There’s was an article recently on Lookman which basically complemented RB Leipzig on the way they played him understanding that at his age he wasnt ready for regular 90 min games. Hopefully the Brands/ Silva combo will apply similar thinking.
Deffo. Agree with that 100%.

Both DCL and Tom had far too much game time in my opinion. DCL was better after we brought in Tosun, but for the life of me I can't understand why Allardyce didn't rotate Tom more with Beni, who was crying out for game time after his very impressive performances under Unsy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back