Everton Youth Teams Thread

...6ft might be about right. I think because he’s so solid he doesn’t look particularly tall, and he’s still got a year or two of growth left in him. He might end up a similar size/shape as the lad Dier at Spurs.
He may even end up a DM like Dier. He actually looks a lot more capable on the ball.
How tall is he?
I was going to say about 6ft, but see others got there first:)

He doesn't actually look that tall but, as @Eggs said, that's because he has the same physique that Rooney had as a teenager. Looks a powerful runner too, and I said around December I'd like to have seen him tried at left back in a couple of games instead of Martina. No chance that was ever going to happen though.

Scotland won 2-1. Didn’t see much of the second half. From what I saw Hornby didn’t do a lot except for the nice backheel to setup Burke.

Scotland won 2-1. Didn’t see much of the second half. From what I saw Hornby didn’t do a lot except for the nice backheel to setup Burke.
At least they're through to the semi's if Togo can't beat France. Plus I think that result also confirms that nobody can better our record to be best second placed team, so we should progress to semi's too. I'd wait until that is confirmed though as there is a strange comment on the FA's official site that says we go out if Scotland win today, which I don't understand.

5 foot 9, the same size as Franco Baresi.

Neither of whom played in the Premier League era of 2018.

6 foot is fine, but its not ideal, but yes, his height wont matter if he has the talent.

Cahill wasnt the biggest either...hopefully he can jump.

He may even end up a DM like Dier. He actually looks a lot more capable on the ball.

I was going to say about 6ft, but see others got there first:)

He doesn't actually look that tall but, as @Eggs said, that's because he has the same physique that Rooney had as a teenager. Looks a powerful runner too, and I said around December I'd like to have seen him tried at left back in a couple of games instead of Martina. No chance that was ever going to happen though.

We may see him out on loan if hes really pushing on...will be interesting where brands and silva see him fitting in.

At least they're through to the semi's if Togo can't beat France. Plus I think that result also confirms that nobody can better our record to be best
second placed team, so we should progress to semi's too. I'd wait until that is confirmed though as there is a strange comment on the FA's official site that says we go out if Scotland win today, which I don't understand.

Confirmed now England play Scotland in the semi-final on Wednesday

Cahill wasnt the biggest either...hopefully he can jump.

We may see him out on loan if hes really pushing on...will be interesting where brands and silva see him fitting in.
I can definitely see Morgan Feeney going out on loan so maybe, maybe not. He's certainly not out of his depth at U23 level so I think he's ready for a loan. Maybe league 1 level initially.

...6ft might be about right. I think because he’s so solid he doesn’t look particularly tall, and he’s still got a year or two of growth left in him. He might end up a similar size/shape as the lad Dier at Spurs.
I think he may be taller, just going off when it kicked off in the mini derby, he was trying to calm Hornby down. And he looked a similar height to Hornby, who must be 6:3? I know it’s not easy to tell in them circumstances. But Hopefully still only being 17 he has more growth in him.

All four of our lads played some part in the Under 21 4-0 defeat of Qatar. Didn't see the game but we finished 2nd in group to Mexico on same points and goal difference, so our participation in the semi final is not yet assured. Only the best placed second goes through, but Togo would need to hammer France by 3 goals or more to finish with a better record and you can't see that happening.

Scotland, for whom Fraser Hornby has been starring, have an excellent opportunity to reach the semi finals too if they beat South Korea tomorrow, knocking out favourites France along the way.

I caught up via quick fast forward/ pause/ rewind etc on this match and our players.
Kenny played full 80 mins, looked very comfortable playing right side of a back three, impressive in the air for his size.
Davies, well not a lot to say . Lewis Cook replaced him second half and made a big difference to England.
Dowell came on say mid second half and really played just as we know he can play. Not hugely involved but every touch was a clever flick , a long 40 yard pass to the opposite wing and on one occasion a dribble past players cutting inside to shoot well with his left bringing a good reaction save with his foot from the keeper . He’s going to be an inigma next season, possibly not involved enough to start games but too good to not use in short spells.
Callum Connolly came on late for , of all people, Tammy Abraham, and as far as I could tell was asked to play further forward. He had some good touches when he had the ball, and as always had the ability to win headers with well timed leaps - in one he was way above the GK but penalised then and for another headed challenge. I love Connolly, ask him to do a job and he’ll give it a go and do it whether from full back, Centre back , midfield or further forward. I worry that he doesn’t have enough pace or silky skills to stand out but I hope we keep him around for a few more years and see just how far he can develop.
Four home grown players on the pitch was a great testament to our Academy.

I caught up via quick fast forward/ pause/ rewind etc on this match and our players.
Kenny played full 80 mins, looked very comfortable playing right side of a back three, impressive in the air for his size.
Davies, well not a lot to say . Lewis Cook replaced him second half and made a big difference to England.
Dowell came on say mid second half and really played just as we know he can play. Not hugely involved but every touch was a clever flick , a long 40 yard pass to the opposite wing and on one occasion a dribble past players cutting inside to shoot well with his left bringing a good reaction save with his foot from the keeper . He’s going to be an inigma next season, possibly not involved enough to start games but too good to not use in short spells.
Callum Connolly came on late for , of all people, Tammy Abraham, and as far as I could tell was asked to play further forward. He had some good touches when he had the ball, and as always had the ability to win headers with well timed leaps - in one he was way above the GK but penalised then and for another headed challenge. I love Connolly, ask him to do a job and he’ll give it a go and do it whether from full back, Centre back , midfield or further forward. I worry that he doesn’t have enough pace or silky skills to stand out but I hope we keep him around for a few more years and see just how far he can develop.
Four home grown players on the pitch was a great testament to our Academy.
Do you get the impression Tom Davies should have been given the summer off?.

Personally I think he's played a lot of football for a teenager the last 18 months. All in the engine room in the toughesf league in the world.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back