Everton Youth Teams Thread

Yeah, it seems we are lacking in the creative department in both games, i dont know what the reasoning for leaving certain players out is. At first i thought it may be down to who made alot of appearences this season, or who may be close to going into the england 1st team (e.g Solanke, DCL, Lookman etc) but they still selected players like Cook and Abraham who both have first team caps, and in cooks case on the stand by list
It's a small squad (20) that seems to have its full quota of defenders and midfielders, but lightweight up top. Two of the 4 forwards are youngsters called up from the U19s and given they have their own competition this summer you would assume they are the ones on the periphery of the squad. Of the midfielders, only Dowell and Ejaria are what I call attacking midfielders. so it was somewhat surprising when Ejaria was replaced in the squad by Connolly when he got injured. Especially when you consider the likes of Patrick Roberts is recovering from injury and could very much do with the game time. Conversely the likes of Tom Davies could do with a good summers break.

I now believe that it was planned from the start to try out a 3 at the back system during this tournament. I've only seen 30 minutes of yesterdays game, but it was clear to me that the players weren't comfortable with the system and the team looked very unbalanced. Personally, I think it's good that young players learn new/different systems, but I would hate for this particular one to become the preferred system throughout our age groups.

It's a small squad (20) that seems to have its full quota of defenders and midfielders, but lightweight up top. Two of the 4 forwards are youngsters called up from the U19s and given they have their own competition this summer you would assume they are the ones on the periphery of the squad. Of the midfielders, only Dowell and Ejaria are what I call attacking midfielders. so it was somewhat surprising when Ejaria was replaced in the squad by Connolly when he got injured. Especially when you consider the likes of Patrick Roberts is recovering from injury and could very much do with the game time. Conversely the likes of Tom Davies could do with a good summers break.

I now believe that it was planned from the start to try out a 3 at the back system during this tournament. I've only seen 30 minutes of yesterdays game, but it was clear to me that the players weren't comfortable with the system and the team looked very unbalanced. Personally, I think it's good that young players learn new/different systems, but I would hate for this particular one to become the preferred system throughout our age groups.

Davies got last summer off and it didn't help his form much during the season.

I completely forgot about Roberts, has he been injured do you know? Seems to have fallen off the radar a bit.

He's a player i'd love us to bring in if we could, think he's got a lot of ability and maybe offers something we don't currently have.
There were rumours Roberts was going to Leicester as part of the marhez deal.

England have been drawn against France, Turkey and Ukraine in the U19 Euros taking place in July. Unless Feeney recovers from his injury in time it's doubtful we'll have any representation there, but may have some interest in the form of George Hirst. Don't think the squad has been selected yet.

There's a number of last years winning squad who still qualify this year, so they'll probably be going into the tournament as favourites.

England have been drawn against France, Turkey and Ukraine in the U19 Euros taking place in July. Unless Feeney recovers from his injury in time it's doubtful we'll have any representation there, but may have some interest in the form of George Hirst. Don't think the squad has been selected yet.

There's a number of last years winning squad who still qualify this year, so they'll probably be going into the tournament as favourites.
I think Mount is still in the squad and they've added Sancho and Foden too.

Seeing an awful lot of articles talk about Antonee Robinson potentially being our future left-back the past week. Is he actually that good? Don't recall hearing much of him during last season.

Seeing an awful lot of articles talk about Antonee Robinson potentially being our future left-back the past week. Is he actually that good? Don't recall hearing much of him during last season.
A few of us though he may get a look or two for us last season with Baines out, but he ended up on loan with Connolly for some reason.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back