Everton Youth Teams Thread

The Premier League International Cup groups have been announced

In the group stage, teams play each other once, with all matches hosted in England.
The group winners and the two best runners-up go through to the quarter-finals.
All knockout matches are one-off ties, to be decided by extra-time and penalties if level after 90 or 120 minutes.

DiOMmYQUYAAo-ve.jpg

benfica should walk that group

Still no new contract for Alex Denny, it seems like the rumours of a mini dispute with the club may be true, yet he is with and playing for the U23s . Hope this is resolved soon.

I think they have just been announcing an extension every day or two over the last couple of weeks - it’s probably already signed and just to be announced in the next couple of days. I think Denny is the last of those who were out of contract who hasn’t been confirmed up till now.

Think they’re avoiding Luke Garbutt-syndrome.

..and just having too many on the books. Let’s not forget, there are players coming through every year and it comes to a point where decisions have to be made. We can’t keep them just in case, a 12 month assessment seems sensible unless they are thought to be outstanding.

..and just having too many on the books. Let’s not forget, there are players coming through every year and it comes to a point where decisions have to be made. We can’t keep them just in case, a 12 month assessment seems sensible unless they are thought to be outstanding.

I hope all our youth deals - bar the exceptional - are 12 months from now on.

I hope all our youth deals - bar the exceptional - are 12 months from now on.

I think this might just be a case of the new management team wanting a year to run the rule over them all before making a longer commitment. Hopefully in the future contracts will at least have the option of being multi-year, in case of the opposite of Garbutt, or Barkley happening.

Yeh it’ll be a case-by-case basis I’m sure. Never really seen a great deal good about Denny myself anyway.

It's a balancing act, don't want to give out long contracts incase we're stuck with them and if we only give a short contract to someone who suddenly shows massive improvement we leave ourselves open to them goin elsewhere for next to nothing

It's a balancing act, don't want to give out long contracts incase we're stuck with them and if we only give a short contract to someone who suddenly shows massive improvement we leave ourselves open to them goin elsewhere for next to nothing

Yeh and to be fair I’d say bar a few exceptions we actually have a pretty good handle on youth contracts. We haven’t been stung that many times before.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back