Everton Youth Teams Thread

I remember him going to Fulham wasnt his dad their and that was the reason for him leaving???
He can't be that old as it doesn't seem that long ago he left

.......I think Mick had a bit of a falling out with Everton. Sean was actually playing for the same team as Seamus in Ireland (Sligo I think) and MIck went over to watch his son and spotted Seamus. The rest is history. You're right that he isn't that old, he was in the same school team as Jay McEverley who is still earning a living in the game. They were in my daughters class so I reckon he's 30ish.

........I understand Sean Doherty is supporting Paul Tait with coaching of U18s. Sean is the son of our ex-scout Mick Doherty (who brought Coleman to the club and then moved to Chelsea). Sean was an international schoolboy footballer, another off the Cardinal Heenan conveyor belt. He joined us but controversially moved to Fulham. Last I heard he was working as a players agent but apparently he's back here coaching.

Bad Ted.

Good win for England 3-2. Anyone see the game and how the Everton lads played?
Tbh not the best I've seen either Garbutt or Stones play, between them they were probably at fault for the 2nd German goal.

However, thought they both improved as the game went on, Stones did some nice blocks and brought the ball out well from the back. Gnabry came on at half time and initially gave Garbutt quite a lot of trouble but he eventually sussed him out and was able to get forward a bit more.

Tbh not the best I've seen either Garbutt or Stones play, between them they were probably at fault for the 2nd German goal.

However, thought they both improved as the game went on, Stones did some nice blocks and brought the ball out well from the back. Gnabry came on at half time and initially gave Garbutt quite a lot of trouble but he eventually sussed him out and was able to get forward a bit more.

......yes, thought Stones could've done better for the 2nd goal. Credit to the winger for the cross but Stones took up the position at the near post and didn't seem to bust a gut trying to cut the pass out.

I thought they were both pretty solid. Stones looked like a future captain, albeit could've done better for the goal. Garbutt didn't have too many chances to get forward and crosses in, but opposition were good so had to defend quite a bit.
It was a great atmosphere, big crowd for u21 with mostly full stadium

I thought they were both pretty solid. Stones looked like a future captain, albeit could've done better for the goal. Garbutt didn't have too many chances to get forward and crosses in, but opposition were good so had to defend quite a bit.
It was a great atmosphere, big crowd for u21 with mostly full stadium
Very impressive crowd given it was an U21 friendly with awful weather, was good to see the lads supported so well.

Have we ever had so many lads playing for the national teams at all levels? Seem to remember years ago we'd have the odd player in the u-21's but nothing like this.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back