Everton Youth Teams Thread

........I understand Sean Doherty is supporting Paul Tait with coaching of U18s. Sean is the son of our ex-scout Mick Doherty (who brought Coleman to the club and then moved to Chelsea). Sean was an international schoolboy footballer, another off the Cardinal Heenan conveyor belt. He joined us but controversially moved to Fulham. Last I heard he was working as a players agent but apparently he's back here coaching.

........I understand Sean Doherty is supporting Paul Tait with coaching of U18s. Sean is the son of our ex-scout Mick Doherty (who brought Coleman to the club and then moved to Chelsea). Sean was an international schoolboy footballer, another off the Cardinal Heenan conveyor belt. He joined us but controversially moved to Fulham. Last I heard he was working as a players agent but apparently he's back here coaching.
I remember him going to Fulham wasnt his dad their and that was the reason for him leaving???
He can't be that old as it doesn't seem that long ago he left

Interesting. I thought he looked like a world beater in the youth teams. Destroyed Italy (I think) with England U17s. Was gutted when he left and had a bit of schadenfreude when he never made it. Probably unfair.

But I forgave Mick Doherty when he got us Coleman for £60k so welcome back Sean

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back