Everton Youth Teams Thread

Will be interesting to see what happens if City change manager.

I like Pellegrini but he seems to have had no desire to play any of the youth team lads, they even got knocked out of the league cup with first teamers by Newcastle who were playing quite a few of their youth squad. Only time I can recall was when they had no strikers fit and they used one lad for a about 45 mins but in the other games reverted to Milner playing up top.

....I suspect the strategy directive is from high so I would imagine if anybody new comes in they will have a remit to bring a few through. Saying that, only if they are good enough.

....I suspect the strategy directive is from high so I would imagine if anybody new comes in they will have a remit to bring a few through. Saying that, only if they are good enough.
From what I pick up by occasionally looking at Bluemoon's youth thread they have a similar issue to us in that a lot of the players they think are really promising are in the U18 group rather than the U21s, possibly due to when they started taking the academy seriously.

Even with us Ledson et al are more likely to go out in loan rather than join the first team, probably applies more so for City. They also have a few like Iheanacho that they have struggled to get visas for.

From what I pick up by occasionally looking at Bluemoon's youth thread they a similar issue to us in that a lot of the players they think are really promising are in the U18 group rather than the U21s, possibly due to when they started taking the academy seriously.

Even with us Ledson et al are more likely to go out in loan rather than join the first team, probably applies more so for City. They also have a few like Iheanacho that they have struggled to get visas for.

...yep, and I expect it is more difficult because they are a true top four club so the standards are higher and there will be big name players to displace. You and I highlighted the young Chelsea Centre Forward as being a real talent after seeing England games but I'm not aware of City players at youth international level. You probably are?

...yep, and I expect it is more difficult because they are a true top four club so the standards are higher and there will be big name players to displace. You and I highlighted the young Chelsea Centre Forward as being a real talent after seeing England games but I'm not aware of City players at youth international level. You probably are?
Not really, certainly none that I can recall being impressed with like Solanke.

Spent a bit of time looking at Bluemoon during last preseason as City were playing matches here in the US and a few of the youngsters got games since some regulars were resting from the World Cup. All the ones that stood out iirc were foreign nationals but will have to go and browse Bluemoon again to refresh my memory!

A lad in my area his son is at our academy
Think he's about 9
And he had the choice of Liverpool Man utd and everton
And even though his dad is big man Utd fan
He chose everton, apparently because they have been fantastic with him
One time couldn't get to finch farm and everton sent a driver to pick him up and he lives over an hour away

Think he's about 9
One time couldn't get to finch farm and everton sent a driver to pick him up and he lives over an hour away

Ryan Lesdon apparently had the choice of us and Liverpool and even though he's (or was) a Liverpool fan, chose us as we were brilliant with him. A credit to our academy staff as we seem to make the kids and parents feel like family, not just another number.

Ryan Lesdon apparently had the choice of us and Liverpool and even though he's (or was) a Liverpool fan, chose us as we were brilliant with him. A credit to our academy staff as we seem to make the kids and parents feel like family, not just another number.

Was he definitely a Liverpool fan? He was saying on that interview with him that he's always been an Everton fan and he used to go to the games with his mates.

Here it is at about 2:07. I guess he's been here since he was about 5 so maybe he's just been an Everton fan since then.

Ossie even gets knocked off the ball by acadamy kids ffs :o

JS62299531.jpg

Think he's about 9

12 year old friend of a friend has been given a 4 year deal, and a driver for that whole period, to get him from Manchester to a top school in Widnes.....and they are City fans.

My feelings are they are priming Viera who has been involved with the Under 21's heavily and will have a remit to bring younger players on (similar to how Sherwood was at Spurs). Alternatively they could go for Klopp, who has always been willing to give younger players a chance.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back