Everton Youth Teams Thread

If this was all down to unsworth and when we face a big game lets bring in a 37yr old has been
Then let's hope he gets the sack
Surely in these big games
Is The young lads he should be playing to gain experience in pressure situations
Surely if Byrne was any good
Utd wouldn't have let him go

Slightly diffirent wouldn't say with pogba
Seen as though utd were desperate for him to sign a new contract
Probably didn't care were Byrne ended Up
But just because a player doesn't fit at one club doesn't mean he won't fit at another. For example Pochettino didn't want Lennon yet he's been great for us.

Particularly hard to judge a young player as they can develop at different rates and off field issues like management style can radically effect how they perform - Sevilla won't want Deulofeu back yet he worked well with Martinez last season.

We've got to remember we've gone out and loaned a lot of the U/21's, was never going to help the team, the players individually will benifit though and that's far more important than where the U/21's finish.

We've got to remember we've gone out and loaned a lot of the U/21's, was never going to help the team, the players individually will benifit though and that's far more important than where the U/21's finish.

Yeah we've apparently got 9 U21 players out on loan plus obviously some in the first team, generally it leaves our U21s doing a lot worse than our U18 team. At the same time though the young players in our U21 team get great experience, the only worry is that they'll actually get relegated but hopefully they'll avoid the drop.

Yeah we've apparently got 9 U21 players out on loan plus obviously some in the first team, generally it leaves our U21s doing a lot worse than our U18 team. At the same time though the young players in our U21 team get great experience, the only worry is that they'll actually get relegated but hopefully they'll avoid the drop.
A lot of the U21 team also played in the Dallas cup, which was quite a punishing schedule for young lads so might have had some effect on their performances/injuries. As recently as February we were challenging for the top of the table.

But just because a player doesn't fit at one club doesn't mean he won't fit at another. For example Pochettino didn't want Lennon yet he's been great for us.

Particularly hard to judge a young player as they can develop at different rates and off field issues like management style can radically effect how they perform - Sevilla won't want Deulofeu back yet he worked well with Martinez last season.
Think your missing my point
What has Lennon got to do with it
He's been in the prem for 8yrs played for England and is going to cost us 7mil
And Del would cost money from Barcelona
You would struggle to find any 19/20 year old Utd have released in the last 25yrs
Who's come back to be a decent prem player, never mind a top class player
I can think of Robbie savage who was hardly top class
And was he released or did Crewe pay a fee?

.....it's lot's about bringing a player or two through. Saying that, the team needs to be competitive at the highest possible level so the league position is disappointing.

On last night's game, the boy Ojo who came on for the Reds and scored a penalty looks a player to me. I saw him in an England game some time ago and he really impressed, sad that he plays for them. He looks like he's got an arrogant attitude but he has talent.

.....it's lot's about bringing a player or two through. Saying that, the team needs to be competitive at the highest possible level so the league position is disappointing.

On last night's game, the boy Ojo who came on for the Reds and scored a penalty looks a player to me. I saw him in an England game some time ago and he really impressed, sad that he plays for them. He looks like he's got an arrogant attitude but he has talent.[

He cost them 2 million when he was 14 according to wiki and was wanted by Chelsea as well. Seems like them buying expensive kids is working out, sterling, Ibve and now ojo.

Think your missing my point
What has Lennon got to do with it
He's been in the prem for 8yrs played for England and is going to cost us 7mil
And Del would cost money from Barcelona
You would struggle to find any 19/20 year old Utd have released in the last 25yrs
Who's come back to be a decent prem player, never mind a top class player
I can think of Robbie savage who was hardly top class
And was he released or did Crewe pay a fee?
I was merely using Lennon/Del as an illustrations that sometimes players don't fit with a team despite their talent, that will appy to youth players as well as established ones - it might be the case with Byrne as well. Fees for young players are still pretty low even for the ones that are in demand, Galloway was rumoured to cost 1m plus add ups up to 4 million - looking at Redcafe they just seem to release their young players rather than bothering to haggle over (to them) comparitively small amounts of money.

The odds against any young player making it are very high, from United's academy or ours, so the vast majority of those sold/released by either won't go on to bigger things. It is unlikely that Bryne will either but clearly our coaches must have seen something in the lad. Personally would prefer to judge him on the performances he puts in for us rather than dismissing him outright as not good enough because he didn't make it at United.

I was merely using Lennon/Del as an illustrations that sometimes players don't fit with a team despite their talent, that will appy to youth players as well as established ones - it might be the case with Byrne as well. Fees for young players are still pretty low even for the ones that are in demand, Galloway was rumoured to cost 1m plus add ups up to 4 million - looking at Redcafe they just seem to release their young players rather than bothering to haggle over (to them) comparitively small amounts of money.

The odds against any young player making it are very high, from United's academy or ours, so the vast majority of those sold/released by either won't go on to bigger things. It is unlikely that Bryne will either but clearly our coaches must have seen something in the lad. Personally would prefer to judge him on the performances he puts in for us rather than dismissing him outright as not good enough because he didn't make it at United.

he hasnt really done anything for us either though, be surprised if hes not released at end of his contract.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back