Everton Youth Teams Thread

he hasnt really done anything for us either though, be surprised if hes not released at end of his contract.
Sadly agree, he doesn't seem to have impressed in his time with us, certainly not compared to say Henen.

But he was on a free, lived in the area and probably not on that high wages so was worth the gamble, especially if him coming in meant some of our own lads like Long/McAleny could go out on loan.

U18s beat villa 4-1 away, remain on course to win back to back league titles

Very impressive particularly as it was made up mainly of U16 players.

O’Loughlin, Birch, Graham, Thorniley, Myers, Bainbridge, Evans, Broadhead (Morris), Brammall (Mellen), Donohue, Brewster.

Evans, Morris, Brammall and Mellen are all still at school I think.

Think this was Liam Morris' debut at this level.

c0e7724afb1a2f655ca4ac6bbf8ec02c.png

So, by my reckoning the U18s need to win the last two games , WBA home next Saturday and Man City away , TBA. Its a shame that Yates, Davies and Holland are with England u17 at the European champs but I guess it gives the talented u16s a chance to step up. It looks like Middlesbrough, Man U, Chelsea could also win it if we slip up but its in our hands. Its difficult to assess the team at such an early age as there are a number of players in addition to the 3 mentioned above also eligible like Ledson, Kenny , Dowell, Connolly , Walsh, but presumably other teams will also be in the position of moving up an age their most talented products. Nevertheless , winning the U18 league two seasons in a row would be a fine achievement .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back