Everton Youth Teams Thread

It did strike me that Galloway's award must come with a bit of trepidation when he looks at some of the previous winners, Anichebe, Duffy, Forshaw.....

.....at any top flight club very few come in and reach the very top. Anichebe is still a Premiership player and will already be a very wealthy young man, Duffy is at Championship level and that's not too shabby. It doesn't particularly matter what went before if Galloway turns out to be a diamond.

.....at any top flight club very few come in and reach the very top. Anichebe is still a Premiership player and will already be a very wealthy young man, Duffy is at Championship level and that's not too shabby. It doesn't particularly matter what went before if Galloway turns out to be a diamond.

forshaw maybe in the premier league now too with middlesborough.

I see Conor Grant got a contract extension for one year, which I find somewhat surprising, as he is definitely not making a first team appearance any time soon, barring an injury list two pages long. Do we know which other youngsters have had their contracts extended?

I see Conor Grant got a contract extension for one year, which I find somewhat surprising, as he is definitely not making a first team appearance any time soon, barring an injury list two pages long. Do we know which other youngsters have had their contracts extended?
i recall RM gave Grant a first team game very early on in his management. Maybe he still rates him.

i recall RM gave Grant a first team game very early on in his management. Maybe he still rates him.
I think he had quite a bad injury after impressing in pre-season at that time. He's been out on loan this year so I guess they want to see close up how he has progressed and recovered - like a few other of the older 'young players' I think preseason training might well be decisive.

McAleny
Long
Browning
Grant
Pennington

Grant started for Motherwell today , 0-0 draw v Partick. it will be interesting to see how he plays ,if selected ,for the two Rangers games coming up which will decide which team plays in the SPL next season. Two big games and a chance to impress for him.

atrottel, I would add John Lundstram to that list, I think along with McAleny he is most likely to leave. Both Long and Pennington appear to have done enough on loan to warrant at least further loans to CHampionship clubs. Tough decisions , we'll have a new bunch of 1st Year Scholars coming in soon, so inevitably some older players will be moving on, U 18s looking for U 21 chances next season etc

@ianlavo: @everton under 12s win the hazard tournament on penalties. #COYB

The tournament (up to U12) is organised in the National Football Center in Tubize. All the Hazards have played for FC Tubize. I guess their names are used as motivation, every kid dreams to become a star. Invited teams were : Vitesse, Saint-Etienne, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Marseille, Chelsea, Club Brugge, Everton, Metz, Nantes, Porto, Olympique Lyon, Charleroi, Anderlecht, Lille, Standard Liège, Benfica, PSV, Valencia, QPR, Juventus and some provincial teams.

Yes I saw something the other day saying Pennington was out of contract , I would think he's done enough to warrant another loan period at least.
Just forced myself to watch highlights of Motherwell v Partick in the hope of catching Grant doing something spectacular, sadly never saw him touch the ball.

Some strange England selections last week for upcoming games. No Chris Long in U20s squad, and in u18 squad are only Liam Walsh and Callum Connolly , no Ledson, Kenny or Kieran Dowell who was in the squad recently. Maybe giving others a chance as Ledson and Kenny have been fixtures in the team the last two seasons. I'd have thought Long's goals for Brentford and our u21s would have kept him in a squad he was in earlier on.

Some strange England selections last week for upcoming games. No Chris Long in U20s squad, and in u18 squad are only Liam Walsh and Callum Connolly , no Ledson, Kenny or Kieran Dowell who was in the squad recently. Maybe giving others a chance as Ledson and Kenny have been fixtures in the team the last two seasons. I'd have thought Long's goals for Brentford and our u21s would have kept him in a squad he was in earlier on.

arent walsh and connolly the academy year below ledson, dowell and kenny?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back