Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Youth Teams Thread

A tricky one. We need a left back at U23s , Ishe Samuels-Smith is only 15, not sure of DO birth but if he progresses should be in a position for a pro contract in about 18 months, so if he becomes a talent we‘ll need to ensure he’s not seeing he’s blocked by whoever we sign at left back as per Small . But , all we can do is react to the initial issue at left back , unless we can convert the likes of Mills or Mallon to left back or even Eli Campbell current left sided centre back at u18.

Branthwaite and Gordon are in the England u20 squad.

The Squad

Goalkeepers:
James Trafford (Accrington Stanley, loan from Manchester City), Brad Young (Leicester City), Harvey Davies (Liverpool)

Defenders: Lee Buchanan (Derby County), Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), James Hill (Fleetwood Town), Cody Drameh (Leeds United), Nathan Wood (Middlesbrough), Dennis Cirkin (Sunderland), Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town, loan from Aston Villa), Clinton Mola (VFB Stuttgart)

Midfielders: Miguel Azeez (Arsenal), Leighton Clarkson (Blackburn Rovers, loan from Liverpool), Jensen Weir (Cambridge United, loan from Brighton & Hove Albion), Faustino Anjorin (Chelsea), Lewis Bate (Leeds United), James McAtee (Manchester City)

Forwards: Jaden Philogene-Bidace (Aston Villa), Morgan Rogers (Bournemouth, loan from Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Everton), Sam Greenwood (Leeds United), Joseph Gelhardt (Leeds United), Alex Mighten (Nottingham Forest)

The Premier League Under-23 cup draw has been confirmed below, Here is our group and others​

The top two teams from each of the eight groups progress to the knockout stages, with one-off ties from the last 16 through to the final to determine the champions.​

2021/22 Premier League Cup groups​

GroupTeam 1Team 2Team 3Team 4
AArsenalAFC BournemouthSouthamptonWest Brom
BBlackburnMiddlesbroughNott'm ForestQPR
CCharltonDerbyNorwichReading
DBurnleyEvertonPeterboroughSheff Utd
ELeedsMansfieldSunderlandWigan
FPlymouth/ExeterSwanseaWest HamWolves
GBirminghamHuddersfieldNewcastleWatford
HColchesterFulhamSouthendStoke

DATES NOW SET FOR THESE GAMES

1630074499542.webp

1630074523740.webp

A tricky one. We need a left back at U23s , Ishe Samuels-Smith is only 15, not sure of DO birth but if he progresses should be in a position for a pro contract in about 18 months, so if he becomes a talent we‘ll need to ensure he’s not seeing he’s blocked by whoever we sign at left back as per Small . But , all we can do is react to the initial issue at left back , unless we can convert the likes of Mills or Mallon to left back or even Eli Campbell current left sided centre back at u18.
I was thinking Mallon might cover it… I wish I could have hope again for the kids cos Mallon has impressed every time I’ve seen him…

In my opinion John needs to go out on loan which will allow Mallon to play for the u23s and Quintyne to play for u18s. I know he's acting as cover for LB but this is his 3rd year as a pro so he really needs proper competive football. I would only keep Anderson as there appears to be no other young left backs in either youth squad and the only natural left back anywhere is Samuels-Smith who is still a school boy. I think Iversen would have been loaned out had he been fit. Of the 6 2nd year pro's left I would loan out Astley and Hughes as they both have a slim chance of us at least getting a fee for them. Quirk and Hunt must be deemed not good enough as they don't even make the squad. The other 2 are goalkeepers. The rest of the squad is 10 1st pros and 5-7 2nd year scholars. These are the 2 year groups the u23s should be largely made up of and any exceptional 1st year scholars.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back