Everton Youth Teams Thread

My usual moan, why are we so hopeless with the u18s, no “official” team sheet and just over 90 secs worth of action with only the goals shown , yet the match report said it was a good game with a number of chances created , so surely worth a few more minutes on the video.

There were some nice pieces of play around the goals though from Kouyate, Heath and Lawrence , and Owen Barker was involved in both goals with a couple of deft left foot passes.

Its early in the season for the u18s, but given the number of games the u21/23s currently have it would be great to see some of these younger players making an early step up tonight or Friday at u21/23 level.
wolves seem to show about 5mins odd, but that's when they have won, not sure will they show any with losing when and If they turn up there

7PM KO

1632849666768.png

5 at the back is my main complaint about that team. I understand not playing Branthwaite and Simms due to injury risk. 5 at the back is not getting these players ready for the first team. I would far rather have seen any of Astley, Welch, Campbell or Anderson left out for a flat back 4 and had Mills RW in a 4-2-3-1. Or if they went 4-3-3 Butterfield as extra midfielder. The junior sides should be mirroring the first team.

5 at the back is my main complaint about that team. I understand not playing Branthwaite and Simms due to injury risk. 5 at the back is not getting these players ready for the first team. I would far rather have seen any of Astley, Welch, Campbell or Anderson left out for a flat back 4 and had Mills RW in a 4-2-3-1. Or if they went 4-3-3 Butterfield as extra midfielder. The junior sides should be mirroring the first team.
I hate 3/5 at the back , we never seem to play it well at any level, but Benitez has used it so you can’t really say we’re not following the first team ?‍♂️

I hate 3/5 at the back , we never seem to play it well at any level, but Benitez has used it so you can’t really say we’re not following the first team ?‍♂️

Used it once was a massive failure. Although I've just posted in Iwobi thread it might be worth trying against United as a curveball!!

My main gripe is both Anderson and Campbell are CBs so on the left they are out of position at LB but LWB is an even more alien concept.