Everton Youth Teams Thread

Not many decent chances for us after the 1st minute so it’s hard to see where our goals will come from , said with the hope and belief our 61 can prove me wrong.

Kouyate for one of the 3 CBs or Campbell. Then go 4 at the back. With either 3 in the middle and Garcia and Kouyate either side of Dobbin or 4-4-2 with Garcia and Whitaker wide and McAllister in midfield with Price.

2-0 Carlisle on 67mins
A win for Everton would have pretty much put Everton in next round tonight
pretty much 4 Everton defenders standing in 6 yard area doing nothing lol

"Everton u21s" lose 2-0 to Carlisle in the 2nd game of the EFL Trophy - The 3rd and final group game is on the 9th November v Hartlepool
--
Everton u23s are back in League action away to West Ham this Saturday at 3pm
-
Everton u18s are back in League action at Burnley this Saturday with an 11am ko, just 2 weeks after losing at the same place 3-1 in the Premier League Cup

Only 2 wins in 9 games for the U23s this season, against Derby’s U23s in the league and Morecambe in the Papa John’s. Tonight’s defeat was their 6th of the season, 4 in the league, this one and Sheffield United U23s in the Premier League Cup. I get it’s a much younger squad this season but that’s woeful form from Unsy and in senior football would have him close to the sack

Only 2 wins in 9 games for the U23s this season, against Derby’s U23s in the league and Morecambe in the Papa John’s. Tonight’s defeat was their 6th of the season, 4 in the league, this one and Sheffield United U23s in the Premier League Cup. I get it’s a much younger squad this season but that’s woeful form from Unsy and in senior football would have him close to the sack

If Unsworth is being told to play the 3 at the back because the players need to learn this formation then he has a free pass for me. Not only is it a young squad but he's being forced to do the dirty work of an experiment. If he has free pick and he's making these team selections then he definitely needs firing out a cannon. With that 18 I would have gone.
Barrett
John Astley Welch/Campbell Anderson
Price Butterfield Warrington
Whitaker Dobbin Garcia

Leban Campbell/Welch Quirk Hughes Mills McAllister Kouyate

I don't mind losing in some league games if the players are getting the overall experience. We need to win cup games to get more games in the competition a win tonight would have guaranteed us 2 more. My team is only 2 players different which were the ones he brought on at half time and one of the less experienced defenders dropped along with McAllister who seems to he a good sub at the minute.

….presume Carlisle were ’open age’ opposition. If so, the team always struggle in such circumstances, even against foreign U23 teams who play in open-age leagues.

I’m increasingly convinced of a return to reserve/Central League format. Nothing like playing with and against seasoned professionals for these youngsters.