Everton Youth Teams Thread

Unsworth has said he’s played 45 mins , a 60 mins in practice and now the 80 mins competitively. He’s also confirmed he’s bulked up a bit with gym work.
How’s the eye mate?

…..slowly, slowly with the eye. I’m having to lie on my right side for 50 out of every 60mins. No proper vision as yet but it’s all feeling a bit stronger., I’m due back at the hospital on Monday so will know more then. Many thanks for asking.

good to see onyango has been training with the 1sts already after his comeback
Also great to see Eli Campbell in a couple of pictures, I think this is the first time I’ve seen him training with the first team , may be wrong though. Thats great encouragement for him and the others , maybe even considered as Digne cover later in the season.

Also great to see Eli Campbell in a couple of pictures, I think this is the first time I’ve seen him training with the first team , may be wrong though. Thats great encouragement for him and the others , maybe even considered as Digne cover later in the season.

Not sold at all on him as a left back but good he's training with the 1sts already

Not sold at all on him as a left back but good he's training with the 1sts already
Very, very early days for Campbell and he’s only played a few times at LB/ LWB at u23/21 but I’ve been impressed with his progress . Given he started the season as LCB with the u18s , playing “ out of position” has enabled him to progress with England and us. He may well end up back as a CB but at least he’s making a good go of it and attracting attention.

12th placed Everton u23s are back in Action tonight away to 3rd placed Arsenal u23s in a 7pm ko, While tomorrow 5th placed Everton u18s will be going for their 4th league win in a row when they play home to 10th placed Newcastle in a 12.30ko,

By way its the u18s derby next week [sat 30rd] and its LIVE on LFCTV

Looking abit rosier with the changes made the last 12 months.
Especially in the players in that 17-19 age bracket.
Next step after January for a few of them should be wanting to branch out to mens football. Which is easier said than done, a wrong move or loan (which we all know) to a struggling side or a manager who prefers experience (i look at Louis Barrys time at ipswich so far) isnt always the best option.
I'm not at all familiar with the youth teams these days but how is it looking overall?

Amidst the criticism of Brands and the first team signings there has been a fair bit of coverage about his alarm at the number U23's on big deals and just how many were sitting there and clogging development of younger players when he first came in. Is that bottleneck shifting?

I'm not at all familiar with the youth teams these days but how is it looking overall?

Amidst the criticism of Brands and the first team signings there has been a fair bit of coverage about his alarm at the number U23's on big deals and just how many were sitting there and clogging development of younger players when he first came in. Is that bottleneck shifting?

Bottleneck has gone.

The U16 PL National final has been drawn tonight, Tournament takes place this weekend at Loughborough, via the Secret Scout, we are Group 4

1634918723924.png
It looks like we have already began this comp as Everton won 4-1 v Liverpool with Ebere scoring one of the 4 goals

1634918739005.png