Everton Youth Teams Thread

He's a multiple drug-test failing idiot who is retired aged 29 because no club in the country wants him, never mind the fact he spent his career in Leagues One and Two.

If I'm a youth player wanting to break into the first team or have a good career at PL level or closr to it I'm telling him to keep his "wisdom" to himself.
He has played at every level including the national team, also played in America.
Speak to anyone in the game and they will speak highly of his actual technical footballing ability. His actual football experience will be invaluable to a lot of the youngsters, as most will end up in lower leagues. If he is a good coach then fair play, I’m sure he will be on a set contract first. It’s not as if he’s running the u23’s.
While I agree we shouldn’t just give jobs for the boys, I don’t actually trust us to be able to bring anyone decent in from outside.

He has played at every level including the national team, also played in America.
Speak to anyone in the game and they will speak highly of his actual technical footballing ability. His actual football experience will be invaluable to a lot of the youngsters, as most will end up in lower leagues. If he is a good coach then fair play, I’m sure he will be on a set contract first. It’s not as if he’s running the u23’s.
While I agree we shouldn’t just give jobs for the boys, I don’t actually trust us to be able to bring anyone decent in from outside.
See recent managerial appointments as evidence.

Is he a bad coach?
I wasn’t at all happy to see him getting the gig but I’ve got a couple of mates with lads at Everton spanning quite a broad age range and they seem pretty positive about him . The feedback from the youngest was he was the best he’d been involved with through a number of set ups .

i don’t know how to support that or even test the veracity of what I was told other than it’d be a completely bizarre thing to make up . Personally I found it interesting.

I wasn’t at all happy to see him getting the gig but I’ve got a couple of mates with lads at Everton spanning quite a broad age range and they seem pretty positive about him . The feedback from the youngest was he was the best he’d been involved with through a number of set ups .

i don’t know how to support that or even test the veracity of what I was told other than it’d be a completely bizarre thing to make up . Personally I found it interesting.

To me he has more to offer in terms of advice for the majority of the academy kids than someone like Baines.

Baines only knows success whereas Baxter knows the darker side of football.

I can’t verify those comments either, but from what I read in the Athletic, the podcast interview he did and the interview he gave on YouTube before Monday’s U23s game he’s ticking all the right boxes so far. He came across as articulate, knowing his place in the hierarchy, what his role is , wanting to try different things and progress through the ranks.

He's a multiple drug-test failing idiot who is retired aged 29 because no club in the country wants him, never mind the fact he spent his career in Leagues One and Two.

If I'm a youth player wanting to break into the first team or have a good career at PL level or closr to it I'm telling him to keep his "wisdom" to himself.

….you should listen to the interview with him on the ex-players thread. Its lengthy but I think it’s a must watch for Evertonians.

Everything I've heard from him and read about him recently makes me believe it is a good appointment.
I'm not even sure it's a permanent appointment or just while hes doing his badges.
The fact it annoys some people is an added bonus

An "I don't know" would have sufficed

Makes no odds.

Our academy setup is a complete waste of time anyway now.

Just have to hope we can poach the odd good'un from elsewhere like Calvert-Lewin.

its a complete waste of time when you have managers like ancelloti and now benitez who would rather keep playing expensive failures like iwobi than give promising academy players like gordon more time.