Everton Youth Teams Thread

Makes no odds.

Our academy setup is a complete waste of time anyway now.

Just have to hope we can poach the odd good'un from elsewhere like Calvert-Lewin.
It was interesting coming onto GOT general forum at 7.45 pm last Monday , which was half time in the u23s game. I didn’t stay long but noticed a whole raft of people had been posting for the last hour who are regularly critical of the u23s/Academy but none obviously have enough interest to watch their clubs youngsters on a free You Tube stream.

The whole Baxter thing is just bewildering to me...

It makes a mockery of the "family club" line that were constantly fed.

Counterfit money, cannabis, pills + Arrests + Drugs bans = Coaching job

If thats my boss then id be looking for a new job.

you need to look into the background not just the headlines.
and do you actually know anything about his coaching ability?

My missus reckons they benefited from it after he left. She said maybe not in players coming through, but the set up etc.

How true that is I don't know. Like @Eggs mentions, he wanted complete control of everything

I dont have an issue with Benitez sweeping the broom throughout the coaching teams -- as long as the DOF actually has a long term plan to continue the structure which is put in place.

What im amazed by is Brands not taking control of the youth setup and appointing external coaches from Holland...id get behind that.

you need to look into the background not just the headlines.
and do you actually know anything about his coaching ability?

He could be the best coach in the world, literally the very best.

Would you take your kids to be coached by someone with his rap sheet?

Id steer well clear.

Doesn't a family support its own when they go off the rails?

Its a proper "jobs for the boys" setup.

It was interesting coming onto GOT general forum at 7.45 pm last Monday , which was half time in the u23s game. I didn’t stay long but noticed a whole raft of people had been posting for the last hour who are regularly critical of the u23s/Academy but none obviously have enough interest to watch their clubs youngsters on a free You Tube stream.

To be fair, I don't have any interest/wouldn't bother watching either.

As I said in the post you quoted, it's a waste of time.

I take it you did have enough interest to watch? And if so, can you explain why Ellis Simms will score for fun at that level but never get a look in and why Dobbin is sat watching Salomon Rondon strolling about upfront?

Oh and perhaps why we were throwing Iwobi and Delph left back and including 2 'keepers on the bench ahead of Small and people wondered why he was so keen to get off?

Is this one of those schemes where the club can claim back some of his wages for keeping him off the streets?

Maybe him and Ferguson could put together a Scared Straight routine to go on tour with.

Really?

Not at all surprised, me.

I mean, the club give him a 12-month contract a few years back.

Jobs for the boys, a mate of a mate culture looks rife throughout the club.

To be fair, I don't have any interest/wouldn't bother watching either.

As I said in the post you quoted, it's a waste of time.

I take it you did have enough interest to watch? And if so, can you explain why Ellis Simms will score for fun at that level but never get a look in and why Dobbin is sat watching Salomon Rondon strolling about upfront?

Oh and perhaps why we were throwing Iwobi and Delph left back and including 2 'keepers on the bench ahead of Small and people wondered why he was so keen to get off?
Well you’re really better off asking the managers now and at the time those questions , although in fairness while Simms was banging in all those goals he was 17 and nowhere near PL level. If he was fit and available now I’d certainly give him a go instead of Rondon.

Your point seems to be that it’s a waste of time because various managers don’t/ haven‘t given young players a chance, which is fair enough.
Yep . I did have enough interest to watch the U23s,a poor first half but not as dire as the 1st teams second half, and every so often the kids throw in a performance that makes supporting Everton a bit easier .

Well you’re really better off asking the managers now and at the time those questions , although in fairness while Simms was banging in all those goals he was 17 and nowhere near PL level. If he was fit and available now I’d certainly give him a go instead of Rondon.

Your point seems to be that it’s a waste of time because various managers don’t/ haven‘t given young players a chance, which is fair enough.
Yep . I did have enough interest to watch the U23s,a poor first half but not as dire as the 1st teams second half, and every so often the kids throw in a performance that makes supporting Everton a bit easier .

That last sentence is very true I get more enjoyment from watching the youth than the first team these days it's a shame we dont get streams of the u18 as they seem to have been a great team to watch the past few seasons.

You have to remember that U23 teams, not just oursstruggle each season in the EFL Trophy against League One and League Two sides.

That should indicate the enormous jump between the academy and PL football and also indicate why we maybe don’t see many come through in any academy.