Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton U23s

FIcJBnDXEAweIOX

FIcI_znWQAI9b4v

FIcBEI2WYAoQ0Ah

Mohammed-Ali Cho, was with us from when he was 11 until he left in 2020 now signed for Dortmund for 20 million.

Add this to Small and you have to ask wtf the academy is playing at.

I take it you know his background? Born in France, French mother, moved between France and UK a few times until 11 , played for England but never committed to England. French mother decided the best future for her son was to move back to France at 15 . Baffling as to why you think iits the Academy’s fault, as I heard it even England youth set up was trying to keep him , but happy for you to tell us what you would have done.

From the lack of subs and a few regulars missing they must have a COVID out break in the group. Hunt must be from the under 16’s? not listed in any of the squads.
That’ll be Mackenzie Hunt about 20 now, midfielder been around a few years, we tried him at left back once before - it didn’t work,

PS I’m pretty sure Ryan Astley was in a photo of the first team training today.

I take it you know his background? Born in France, French mother, moved between France and UK a few times until 11 , played for England but never committed to England. French mother decided the best future for her son was to move back to France at 15 . Baffling as to why you think iits the Academy’s fault, as I heard it even England youth set up was trying to keep him , but happy for you to tell us what you would have done.
If good players are walking away from the academy its because we've failed to make a compelling argument to them to stay.

They were happy to have him in the academy for 4 years but because we don't give our youth players a chance unless it is forced on the manager they've gone elsewhere just like Small did.

There's a pattern emerging of our better academy players jibbing us off because they don't see any path into the first team. This is yet another instance of this.

If good players are walking away from the academy its because we've failed to make a compelling argument to them to stay.

They were happy to have him in the academy for 4 years but because we don't give our youth players a chance unless it is forced on the manager they've gone elsewhere just like Small did.

There's a pattern emerging of our better academy players jibbing us off because they don't see any path into the first team. This is yet another instance of this.
Oh I agree , and it’s a theme that’s been brought up time and time again , managers not giving them a chance, but I still fail to see how that’s the fault of the Academy.

That’ll be Mackenzie Hunt about 20 now, midfielder been around a few years, we tried him at left back once before - it didn’t work,

PS I’m pretty sure Ryan Astley was in a photo of the first team training today.
Oh ofc forgot about him, not featured much for a while.