Everton Youth Teams Thread

Leading contender for academy director identified……. More jobs for the boys (wolves boys that is)
Not sure who has come out of wolves academy under their supervision, or if that’s even a fair measure given competition in the midlands etc.

Leading contender for academy director identified……. More jobs for the boys (wolves boys that is)
Not sure who has come out of wolves academy under their supervision, or if that’s even a fair measure given competition in the midlands etc.

the article says he's highly regarded (they usually all do) and had the wolves academy ranked 3rd best in the country

the article says he's highly regarded (they usually all do) and had the wolves academy ranked 3rd best in the country
I’m not sure what that’s based on though….. end product? Facilities? Coaching? Quality of the pitches, colour of the carpets?
We’ve had a good record on producing proffesional players, and I expect better than average at producing first team players…… hopefully they can bring an all round improvement and increased quality of academy prospect and increased revenue.

Bit sceptical about Prosser, highly qualified on paper, but Wolves' academy hasn't exactly been the bedrock of their success. We've maybe focused too much in the past on accolades and football results at the youth levels but it's all about producing first team quality players, and I'm struggling to see a track record of that.

know nothing about him

I cant comment on his abilities but he’s clearly a Thelwell appointment, so we’ve got to put our trust in him that he ( Thelwell) is taking us in the right direction and lasts long enough to see through the changes needed.

At times Boyland rehashes some of his previous quotes , like this one in there:
“ There has also been a feeling from some close to the set-up that Everton have hung on too long to young players at times, clogging the system, and it is hoped more academy prospects will get loan moves earlier in their careers under Thelwell.” That was certainly true of the “ old Unsworth” days, but Brands moved on quite a few older players , so I was a bit shocked that under Thelwell we’ve offered/ given new contracts to a few players I would class as “ clogging up the system” .

The intriguing appointment will be the “ U 21/23 Head Coach “ and who they report to.

Surely should be Tait if we are going internal. I don't see how anyone else would be better qualified.

….strange how folk were ultra critical of Unsworth for failures at U23, yet there seems widespread respect for Tait who gives Players over to U23s.

i have no problems with Tait, I watched him when he was an Academy player and I know a little about him but we’ve done nothing in the FA Youth Cup for a long time & he has managed that group in recent times.

I see we are also looking for a Head of Performance and Analysis too.

The bit that caught my eye was “ As Loan Pathways Manager you will become an integral part of the team, working closely with our Academy Director and Head of Academy Coaching” . The likes of Patrick Boyland and others at the Echo/ Athletic are really not cottoning on to the fact we have a Head of Academy Coaching who we are making even more powerful in our set up . I’m intrigued as to how the final structure below Thelwell will look.

I see we are also looking for a Head of Performance and Analysis too.

The bit that caught my eye was “ As Loan Pathways Manager you will become an integral part of the team, working closely with our Academy Director and Head of Academy Coaching” . The likes of Patrick Boyland and others at the Echo/ Athletic are really not cottoning on to the fact we have a Head of Academy Coaching who we are making even more powerful in our set up . I’m intrigued as to how the final structure below Thelwell will look.

I'm seeing all of these as welcome and overdue changes to the way we run the academy.

If we had someone like a pathways manager we would never have, for example, sent Gibson to Reading. I said as soon as it was announced it would be a bad loan and I'm just some rando off the Internet.