Everton Youth Teams Thread

Hope Charlie Whitaker can get a good preseason and make an impression on Lampard. He's the one who stands out in the youth teams for me. Don't know what the injury was that he got last year but he was out for a long time. He's 19 in September so old enough to start stepping up to a higher level. Just hope we don't lose him - his contract runs out June 2023 so Prosser/ Thelwell need to think about negotiating an extension pretty soon.
Real shame he got a run of injuries over the last half of the season, always seemed the best performer for the u23s... direct, technically good, can score and create

No that's just stupid
But then, who do you want ?
is it a high profile name ?
What academy do we raid to get guaranteed success ?
You could argue that Chelsea and City have done well, but look at their budgets.

Tait has already done well, we know that and Leighton Baines has the perfect profile to be a youth coach but only time will tell if that is so.

do you really think we were gonna appoint guardiola and tuchel as u21 and u18 managers or something? look at the other youth managers/coaches at teams round the league.

I think thats a silly comment.
But look at the reds previous coaches & managers at u23 level

You have Steve Cooper worked there, Neil Critchley who did great at Blackpool before going to Villa & then you also have Michael Beale who has just took the job at QPR.
All impressive coaches, got to were they have on there own merit and not there playing name and had no previous affinity with Liverpool before they worked for them.

I cant go to deep into if these guys had previously worked under other LFC staff (like the Wolves guy and Thelwell) but it shows that its about finding the best out there and not just hiring within.

Its amazing how there had been absolutely no bad comments on Baines getting an under 18 job, whereas if it was someone like Leon Osman or Jack Rodwell, it will be all about jobs for the boys again!

You could argue that Chelsea and City have done well, but look at their budgets.

Tait has already done well, we know that and Leighton Baines has the perfect profile to be a youth coach but only time will tell if that is so.

and their coaches are all generally promoted from within and are ex-players, especially chelsea.

I think thats a silly comment.
But look at the reds previous coaches & managers at u23 level

You have Steve Cooper worked there, Neil Critchley who did great at Blackpool before going to Villa & then you also have Michael Beale who has just took the job at QPR.
All impressive coaches, got to were they have on there own merit and not there playing name and had no previous affinity with Liverpool before they worked for them.

I cant go to deep into if these guys had previously worked under other LFC staff (like the Wolves guy and Thelwell) but it shows that its about finding the best out there and not just hiring within.

Its amazing how there had been absolutely no bad comments on Baines getting an under 18 job, whereas if it was someone like Leon Osman or Jack Rodwell, it will be all about jobs for the boys again!

liverpool youth coaches all promoted from within same as we've done.

Who has Tait brought through