Everton Youth Teams Thread

You replied to a question asking whom he brought through and you give me a list of kids with virtually no 1st team squad experience never mind playing time. And you call me thick ?

Because they’re not at an age yet where they would? Gordon is one; he’s only been U18 coach for a few years. You need to maybe wait a bit before you can say he’s not developed anyone.

Because they’re not at an age yet where they would? Gordon is one; he’s only been U18 coach for a few years. You need to maybe wait a bit before you can say he’s not developed anyone.

Lol I know they aren't, hence why its ridiculous to bring them up. He has been with us since 2010/11

Lol I know they aren't, hence why its ridiculous to bring them up. He has been with us since 2010/11

He came to the club then to start his badges. However if you want to use that time frame we can just say he brought through Barkley, he brought through Davies, he brought through any academy player that made their debut after 2011. That seems to suit your metric.

Genuinely dont see the issue with Tait, he has proved himself accomplished in the U18s, and done well with them - not his fault the hard ceiling of Unsworth and his U29's where blocking further development.

Think its a good move for the club personally, and people saying if it was Rodwell or anyone else for u18's it would be jobs for the boys, yet lots of people have said how good of a coach Baines has been.

I see absolutely 0 issues with these moves.

The biggest thing with the youth teams is they all need to sync up and play a similar style. Also what the club will struggle against in terms of the academy is competing with teams like City who have loads more cash

Genuinely dont see the issue with Tait, he has proved himself accomplished in the U18s, and done well with them - not his fault the hard ceiling of Unsworth and his U29's where blocking further development.

Think its a good move for the club personally, and people saying if it was Rodwell or anyone else for u18's it would be jobs for the boys, yet lots of people have said how good of a coach Baines has been.

I see absolutely 0 issues with these moves.

….the U18s form the basis of the FA Youth Cup teams Tait manages & the fact is that we haven’t got to the latter stages for a long time. I believe that tournament is the true indicator of talent in the ranks.

I’m not blaming Tait, just as I think that blaming Unsworth for players not coming through masks the real problem.

Is the actual issue that all the decent u16 players in the area get hoovered up by Liverpool, Utd and City, meaning the only time we get our mits on an outstanding prospect is when we pull a naughty Waldron?

Is the actual issue that all the decent u16 players in the area get hoovered up by Liverpool, Utd and City, meaning the only time we get our mits on an outstanding prospect is when we pull a naughty Waldron?
Its a major factor, not just the area but the country mainly.
Its why several clubs are getting rid of the acadamy system all together at either u16 or upto u18 level.
I think City have atleast 70 lads in each age group.
I dont blame the players or the parents though....best coaches, best players to train alongside, best facilitys.
I think alot of the young lads and agents now at City & Chelsea main aim is not actually to get that contract at City or Chelsea at 18. And if they do get the contracts, the aim for the club is to loan them out until they are ready to sell to make a profit, the players aim is to get the best possible schooling (footballwise & school wise) up until you are 16-18 then to have some great opportunitys elsewere all over the world. Its abit like a football scholorship.
Liverpool, Utd & Arsenal are a few years behind, but they will be the same soon.
Im not sure we can copy that model! So we need to think outside the box

This is a huge issue.

The City academy is massive. The competition for youngsters is fierce.

Rather bizzarely i picked up this tweet from 2018 from a dormant account. If these kids are 2006 then they could be appearing in our new Scholars group next month

@EvertonAcademy
·
Dec 13, 2018

| Our 2006 boys were victorious at the Winter Cup in Gdansk last week. Defeating PSG in the final, the young Blues also achieved wins against the likes of Juventus and Feyenoord along the way. Congratulations boys! #EFC

The Papa Johns Trophy Round One Group Stage

1655980843203.png

Only difference to our group this draw above compared to same draw last season is Harrogate are in the group and not Carlisle, we obviously had Morecambe & Hartlepool last season