Everton Youth Teams Thread

He was terrible, appreciate its hard for a young kid in a new country but he started off slow and got worse over time
Not in any relation to Jagne himself, i didn't see him to comment.
But we are terrible at bringing lads in from overseas and bedding them in etc!
I remember reading about Francisco Junior basically just wandering around town because he had nothing to do!

I agree, very tough for a new kid, in a new country, in a city that is maybe not as cosmopolitan as say Manchester or London to bed in and find there personality etc.
Its why clubs are beginning to use feeder clubs abroad for these type of players

I remember reading about Francisco Junior basically just wandering around town because he had nothing to do!

I agree, very tough for a new kid, in a new country, in a city that is maybe not as cosmopolitan as say Manchester or London to bed in and find there personality etc.
Its why clubs are beginning to use feeder clubs abroad for these type of players

….the lad from Belgium (David Henen?) seemed to love life here. Many will bring family members with them but it’s hard for the club keeping tabs 24/7. Makes it more amazing when you see Inana settling at just 20 years of age.

I’m going to Hartlepool, unfortunately I don’t know any of our players.

Above is the team and substitutes from their last game. Given that the u18 seem to be playing as well i expect a very similar starting 11, although I think Joe Anderson got a red card so it may be Eli Campbell in as centre back for him.
There’s not much point in me highlighting players , everybody has different views, just enjoy the game and make up your own mind.

Using one example of a player who signed 10 years ago and went on to achieve absolutely nothing in the game as proof that we're rubbish at something seems a bit of a leap to be honest.

i think we've improved that aspect since the francisco junior days, though we currently dont even have that many foreign lads in youth set up.

This is a real beef of mine and has been for years, we are one of the only clubs that doesn't have some sort of sister/link club to send players/youngsters too for work permit/experience purposes, even the likes of Brentford and Brighton have them.

Didn’t realise Imam Jagne left in the summer, seemed to have been a bit of scoop when he arrived but he then seemed to disappear…..
Sadly I don’t remember him coming or going, he seemed happy that we released him from his contract, did we pay him off so he could leave? No wonder he was happy if we did.

Everton u18s in 10th Place with two u18s league wins in a row today play bottom of the table Blackburn who have lost 5 from 6 league games - An Everton win will move them to 6th place and would also be the 1st time in a year we have won 3 consecutive u18s league games in a row

Everton u18s team

Graham, Tierney, Wilson, Maher, Bates, Beaumont-Clark, Patterson, Wright, Ebere, Apter, Sherif
Subs Pickford, Smirkle-James, Heath, Samuels-Smith, Moonan

Everton u18s in 10th Place with two u18s league wins in a row today play bottom of the table Blackburn who have lost 5 from 6 league games - An Everton win will move them to 6th place and would also be the 1st time in a year we have won 3 consecutive u18s league games in a row

Everton u18s team

Graham, Tierney, Wilson, Maher, Bates, Beaumont-Clark, Patterson, Wright, Ebere, Apter, Sherif
Subs Pickford, Smirkle-James, Heath, Samuels-Smith, Moonan
Dont think seen this kids name in the squad before

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back