Everton Youth Teams Thread

….there is no guarantee of success if they stay but a move to a club like City sets them up financially for life. A bit like Thierry Small, he was very well advised to take the big bucks offered by Southampton. They’ll find a level to play at, even if it’s semi-pro.
Do you think he’ll be set up for life?
I don’t doubt he’s been given a fantastic start, but I’d be very suprised if the contract from SAFC was worth more than £1m over 3 years / £6k per week.
Nice work if you can get it like, but lose 20-40% to HMRC and likely a significant chunk on ‘trappings’ and I imagine he’s no where near set for life.
I also think if he’d have stayed put he’d have got more games for us and had a better career right now.
He’s still very young and has every opportunity to move up the leagues still but I fear the move might resulted in a bit of ‘heads gone’.
Must be quite the knock thinking you on the cusp of the big time to then be getting dropped.

Do you think he’ll be set up for life?
I don’t doubt he’s been given a fantastic start, but I’d be very suprised if the contract from SAFC was worth more than £1m over 3 years / £6k per week.
Nice work if you can get it like, but lose 20-40% to HMRC and likely a significant chunk on ‘trappings’ and I imagine he’s no where near set for life.
I also think if he’d have stayed put he’d have got more games for us and had a better career right now.
He’s still very young and has every opportunity to move up the leagues still but I fear the move might resulted in a bit of ‘heads gone’.
Must be quite the knock thinking you on the cusp of the big time to then be getting dropped.

…a lot depends on how much the signing fee was but i expect it was too good to refuse. if he continues to be well advised he should be a wealthy young man.

I was never overly impressed watching him, wondered what the hype was but he’ll find a level. Even semi-pro pays decent in the right league. Grab the monies whilst you can, clubs have no hesitation throwing youngsters out and very few make it.

Everton U19 into final of the Champions Trophy and will play Sydney.

Topped their group with 3 wins and 1 draw:

1-0 win vs Japan University, Jacob-Beaumont Clark X1

1-1 Draw vs Borrusia Monchegladbach, Coby Ebere X1

2-0 Win vs BV 04 Düsseldorf, Martin Sherif X 1, Bradley Moonan X1

2-0 Win vs Union Berlin, Martin Sherif X1, Coby Ebere X1

5-4 Win on Penalties vs Fortuna Düsseldorf