Everton Youth Teams Thread

Gardner came on in the 60th minute when Wales were already down 2-0 to Austria tonight. He then got booked and Austria scored a 3rd to wrap it up. Wales are already out with a game still to play.
Watched the first half of that Wales we second best all over the pitch.
Midfield was getting overrun from the first couple of minutes.
Turned it off at half time because it was obvious who was going to win.

I'm not surprised. I like him a lot, he's got great athleticism about him and can get up and down the right all game.
Like what I've seen of him, when I've watched the 21s him and Metcalfe probably look the pick of the bunch. His attacking qualities catch the eye more, early to think about a first team role but in the current system maybe he'd be more the "defensive winger" than an "attacking full back"? Certainly a pathway for him down the whole of the right side at the moment.

Like what I've seen of him, when I've watched the 21s him and Metcalfe probably look the pick of the bunch. His attacking qualities catch the eye more, early to think about a first team role but in the current system maybe he'd be more the "defensive winger" than an "attacking full back"? Certainly a pathway for him down the whole of the right side at the moment.

Yeah mate, I think his positioning (body positioning when defending) needs working on and decision making in the top 3rd. Defensively Tait will sort him out on that side of things.

I think there could be opportunities for both him and Mills next season, certainly in and around the 1st team squad at least

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back