Everton Youth Teams Thread

….good luck young fella, impressive interview.

I like that he had a meteoric rise to the first team from age restricted football and he’s impressed here on trial.
That was the thing I took from it too, grass roots until u16, then Scholarship to us in 2 years. I’ve no idea if he’s any good but this is the kind of under the radar signing we need to be good at , showing the scouting system is working, presumably someone tracked him fro his game against our u21 last season.

Good luck to him, low risk/ high potential hopefully.

That was the thing I took from it too, grass roots until u16, then Scholarship to us in 2 years. I’ve no idea if he’s any good but this is the kind of under the radar signing we need to be good at , showing the scouting system is working, presumably someone tracked him fro his game against our u21 last season.

Regardless of what happens next for the lad, this is what football should be about. Keep doing the thing that you love and if you're good enough and get noticed, grab the opportunity with both hands...and feet! He has clearly done that and made a great impression on the right people in a short space of time.

….ha, ha, imagine if Guardiola had sent Palmer and Foden to Holland at 17, just as they were getting first team game time.

I don’t know how good this kid is but you certainly want to fully control what happens to him.
Palmer didn't play in the league (4 apps) until the 21-22 season, during which he turned 20. Critics were calling out for years for Pep to give Foden more playing time. He had 5 league appearances (totaling about 45 minutes) the year he turned 18. They are also two of the best young players in the league/Europe, so what applies to them (getting in to the first team early) isn't necessarily relevant to our youth players. We all know you don't like loans, but please give it a rest, especially when you don't even have the correct facts to back up your "arguments".

We are good at it

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back