Everton Youth Teams Thread

Despite the purple patch at the end of last season, watching this is a further reminder after Saturday that basically after years of mismanagement we are football club of average players at al

Haven't you heard... he hasn't got any Premier League experience!! :lol:
And he can't play until he gets some. Them's the rules.

Those that are closer to the youth than me.

What players of the youth would say have the potential for prem level in the future?
Can only go off what I've seen in more recent times, but based on that..

Armstrong
Metcalfe
Mills
Dixon
Whitaker
Benjamin
Sherif (possibly)
Butler (again, possibly)
Tyrer (young goalie who's already been on loan but looks like he's developing nicely)

All are still very young obviously but all have a bit of 'something' about them which, if developed properly, could elevate them. All of them could do with a League One loan or similar next year.

Last edited:

Armstrong
Metcalfe
Dixon
Whitaker
Sherif (possibly)
Butler (again, possibly)
Tyrer (young goalie who's already been on loan but looks like he's developing nicely)

All are still very young obviously but all have a bit of 'something' about them which, if developed properly, could elevate them. All of them could do with a League One loan or similar next year.
What is with Welch and Mills? Would be nice to integrate some of them with our future, we need 10+ transfers next season as of now...

I gave them some games in FM... But have no idea about them.

Armstrong
Metcalfe
Dixon
Whitaker
Sherif (possibly)
Butler (again, possibly)

Gives the ball away a fair bit him, thought Armstrong and Metcalfe looked better tbh.

Armstrong
Metcalfe
Dixon
Whitaker
Benjamin
Sherif (possibly)
Butler (again, possibly)

Sorry but no chance on Whitaker, Butler hasn't shown enough yet either.

What is with Welch and Mills?

I gave them some games in FM... But have no idea about them.
Yeah you're right - Mills should be in the list too really. Was looking good on loan at Oxford last season until he suffered a long term injury. Still think he's about a month away from a return if I recall.

Welch has kinda.. drifted. He's been in and around the senior setup at times over the past 2-3 years but hasn't really kicked on in a while.

Tell you what though, after seeing the first round of U21 and U18 fixtures, there's becoming an enormous void players are falling into right now unless we do the right thing and loan/sell some kids.

Noticed these guys - maybe some injuries - have aged out of U18's but nowhere to be seen in U21's:

Leban - Seemingly just needs another loan?
Jack Tierney - Isn't good anyway but unsure where he's at. Would guess he's just a back-up CB at best this season.
Brad Moonan - Should be starting U21 every game.
Liam Higgins - No idea why he's still around. He's backup for Dixon but turns 22 in a few months. OSS should just be his natural replacement in the squad.
Jack Patterson - Not sure where he is.
Matty Apter - Think he's injured but unsure where he goes when fit.
Sean McAllister - Surely needs selling?
Coby Ebere - Status unknown
Owen Barker - Status unknown
George Morgan - With U18's for Next Gen tourny but not in the squad for U18's at the weekend and listed as promoted to U21's with Moonan in the Summer.

Keeping the likes of Welch, Campbell, Metcalfe, Whitaker, Okoronkwo etc. around is really creating a bottle-neck. Feel like we're in for another year of player development being stagnated.

Armstrong
Metcalfe
Mills
Dixon
Whitaker
Benjamin
Sherif (possibly)
Butler (again, possibly)

I'd argue only really Armstron, Dixon & Tyrer could be at the full level.

Players like Metcalfe are good, but i get the Ryan Ledson feeling from him. he will have a good career, but not quite at the top level.

Tell you what though, after seeing the first round of U21 and U18 fixtures, there's becoming an enormous void players are falling into right now unless we do the right thing and loan/sell some kids.

Noticed these guys - maybe some injuries - have aged out of U18's but nowhere to be seen in U21's:

Leban - Seemingly just needs another loan?
Jack Tierney - Isn't good anyway but unsure where he's at. Would guess he's just a back-up CB at best this season.
Brad Moonan - Should be starting U21 every game.
Liam Higgins - No idea why he's still around. He's backup for Dixon but turns 22 in a few months. OSS should just be his natural replacement in the squad.
Jack Patterson - Not sure where he is.
Matty Apter - Think he's injured but unsure where he goes when fit.
Sean McAllister - Surely needs selling?
Coby Ebere - Status unknown
Owen Barker - Status unknown
George Morgan - With U18's for Next Gen tourny but not in the squad for U18's at the weekend and listed as promoted to U21's with Moonan in the Summer.

Keeping the likes of Welch, Campbell, Metcalfe, Whitaker, Okoronkwo etc. around is really creating a bottle-neck. Feel like we're in for another year of player development being stagnated.
I think that last bit is the key bit to what you are saying.

These are the lads that shouldn't be playing youth football now, plus probably a few others. I know usually EFL loans happen later in the window, but I'd imagine any loan for them anyway would just be shop window loans. I think its a bit different to say.........a Branthwaite to PSV, they would be more Warrington to Fleetwood/Plymouth. maybe not Okoronkwo, but probably the rest.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back