Homepage Article Everton's Statement On European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best punishment would have been to let them go ahead. The pay per view audience would have soon got bored with Real v Barcelona over and over. With no relegation there would have been no end of dead rubber games.

They should be punished but they will not be...thats the sad reality. It will be a telling off and at worst some kind of fine...they have too much power but they just seeing that even with that much power you cannot go against the 80% of the entire football community.
Disagree, mate. I think they will lose points and be fined. And for those still hanging on, there will be the threat of expulsion from the Premier League next season. I hope UEFA follow up on their threat to expel them from the Champions' League and Europa, reinstating their final oppos and completing the competitions. Hope the same happens in England (would be good for us!). How could anyone consider allowing Spurs v. Man City to proceed now at Wembley? These clubs must face sanctions, so they never, ever try this again.

Punish them, no excuses, punish them
They went against the wishes of all governing bodies, their own managers and players. Irrespective of whether they all drop out now, they should at the very minimum receive a points deduction next season. However one thing they have lost, is the credibility amongst their own fan base, that might will prove to be biggest punishment of all.

If they do all come back with their tails between their legs I can see very little investment in terms of transfers especially in the American owned clubs. They will want to be out of there as quickly as possible with some return on their investment, which may take a while in the current climate.

The spice must flow...I would be shocked if FIFA, UEFA and the English FA took any meaningful action against the moneyed 'super clubs'...too many financially diminishing repercussions for those organisations' accountants to sanction recriminitive actions (other than mere verbal censure).

It's all about the money
This is true... ish, but nothing is all blue or all white.
What happened was, in effect MUTINY!.
And thing run...or used to...like this.
...Right everybody put their weapons down and nobody gets hurt and we'll talk it out.aka status quo.
The 2 ringleaders are then hanged. Their 2 accomplices get 15 yrs and the 2 silly one whose hearts weren't really in it get 5yrs...Oh and 50 lashes all round pour encourager les autres.

Luke 22:3-6
Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve. He went away and conferred with the chief priests and officers how he might betray him to them. And they were glad, and agreed to give him money. So he consented and sought an opportunity to betray him to them in the absence of a crowd.

Ecclesiastes 5:10
Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income.

Just wish we'd made no comment. Any statement has the sound of excuses for not going to a party you were never invited to.
No, the statement was spot on. It is also consistent (if much angrier and more pointed) with what DBB stated in 2019 at the time of the Big Picture (the MUFC-LFC Yank collective's last attempt to start the franchise club) and was backed up by Moshiri stating we would never accept money to destroy the football pyramid.

Our owners would be snouts in if we had qualified for CL Clubs should be owned by nationals who must prove lifetime support . Good or bad that is what football really means.
Where's your evidence? Everton came out against the Big Picture in 2019. The statement today was brilliant. Moshiri backed it up saying we would not be swayed by money to wreck the football pyramid. He insisted there must be sanctions. You seem very cynical, but some people can be principled, you know, and I genuinely believe our board is 100% opposed to this franchise club.

Hate this "don't punish the fans/players" rhetoric ... these players (and a healthy number of fans) are there because of the wealthy owners in the first place. Happy to accept the actions of their owners when they're flinging about billions but think it's unfair that they should face consequences when these owners step so out of line.

Punish them all.

Where's your evidence? Everton came out against the Big Picture in 2019. The statement today was brilliant. Moshiri backed it up saying we would not be swayed by money to wreck the football pyramid. He insisted there must be sanctions. You seem very cynical, but some people can be principled, you know, and I genuinely believe our board is 100% opposed to this franchise club.
Spot on

The best punishment would have been to let them go ahead. The pay per view audience would have soon got bored with Real v Barcelona over and over. With no relegation there would have been no end of dead rubber games.

I would have agreed and been fine with it if it didn't mean that euros and the world cup would be ruined. Even in the tournaments bloated state for commercial stake, I'm still clinging to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back