Ex-Everton pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_aussie05

Player Valuation: £8m
There is now a small contingent of former Everton players with roles as presenters, pundits, co-commentators or experts on the likes of the BBC, ITV, Channel 5 and Sky.

Before his fall from grace, Andy Gray was probably the most prominent or noteworthy while on Sky, although we also have Gary Lineker on BBC.

Others include Martin Keown, Kevin Kilbane and Phil Neville (BBC), and Pat Nevin (BBC, Channel 5) but I'm struggling to think of any others. All of these players, perhaps other than Kilbane, have no real ties to us and have bigger affinities to other clubs anyway, so hardly put their views across with blue-tinted glasses.

I suppose there's proper blues like Peter Reid, Joe Royle or Graham Sharp who have occasionally been in the studio if we play on Channel 5 or Sky. And there's also Steve McManaman and occasionally Joey Barton as pundits on BT Sport, who are Everton fans.

Why do we have so few Everton representatives on the box, when the TV is absolutely saturated with former RS players who aren't exactly unbiased in their views?

Why do we have so few Everton representatives on the box, when the TV is absolutely saturated with former RS players who aren't exactly unbiased in their views?

It's not that there's not many ex-Blues on the box There are probably more ex-players with Everton links then there are for most other clubs, it's just that you're comparing them to the number from across the park. Unfortunately being a gobshoite is actually quite useful when you're on telly so they have a natural advantage.

I look on it as a plus that there's more rubbish talked by ex-Liverpool players than there is by ex-Everton players.

Barry Horne does a bit for Sky, mostly the match choice highlights on Saturday night. He often gets the Everton game. It's great. He tries to remember to be fair and objective but he clearly still holds the club in the highest regard......

Come to think of it Lee Carsley did a few everton matches in the EL for Setanta and wasn't afraid to speak his mind in a good way either.

There is now a small contingent of former Everton players with roles as presenters, pundits, co-commentators or experts on the likes of the BBC, ITV, Channel 5 and Sky.

Before his fall from grace, Andy Gray was probably the most prominent or noteworthy while on Sky, although we also have Gary Lineker on BBC.

Others include Martin Keown, Kevin Kilbane and Phil Neville (BBC), and Pat Nevin (BBC, Channel 5) but I'm struggling to think of any others. All of these players, perhaps other than Kilbane, have no real ties to us and have bigger affinities to other clubs anyway, so hardly put their views across with blue-tinted glasses.

I suppose there's proper blues like Peter Reid, Joe Royle or Graham Sharp who have occasionally been in the studio if we play on Channel 5 or Sky. And there's also Steve McManaman and occasionally Joey Barton as pundits on BT Sport, who are Everton fans.

Think this has been done in another thread.
Ratcliffe springs to mind,who has been abysmal in his punditry .
Quite a few others like Sharpy Reidy & Snods are very good.
But they are totally overshadowed by by that lot over the park.....media bias doesnt even come close.

Whoops forgot to quote. That baw-bag Ratcliffe, I meant. Feel sad I never saw him as a player/captain cos he is a massive bel-whiff.

34hdism.jpg

a4rjma.jpg

s3levb.jpg

vo3cqe.jpg

Kevin Ratcliffe is an Everton legend. In the eighties he gave his heart and soul to the club. A stalwart captain who gave no quarter, and a hero to many. If his skills as a pundit are in any way in question, this in no way effects what he done in an Everton shirt. I find it hard reading some of the comments posted about him. For me nothing will change the fact that, for then , for now , for ever Kevin Ratcliffe, was, is, and always will be an Everton Giant, a Toffee through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back