Ex-Everton pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all the ex liverpool players do nothing but big up liverpool instead of being unbiased which is really bad but the ex Everton players hardly ever say anything nice about Everton instead being unbiased?

You can't disagree there's a disproportionate amount of RS pundits on the telly. On Match of the Day alone there's regulars like Mark Lawrenson and Danny Murphy (having only just seen the back of Hansen), plus other more infrequent appearances by Robbie Fowler, Didi Hamann, Michael Owen etc. On Sky, Carragher has now just joined Redknapp, Souness, Phil Thompson et al. It's saturated by the bastards, and they're all deffo biased.

Thought Tricky Trev done a very good job whenever he worked on our football coverage here in Ireland.

He was able to pronounce teams and players names correctly and everything, something quite a few of our pundits have serious issue with.

Long gone are the days when a Sky live match had a mainstream pundit in the studio (maybe Andy Gray), with a reasonably balanced opinion from former players alongside him - one representative from each club playing.

I turned on one of our most recent matches in Sky to find Carragher, Souness and someone like Gary Neville in the studio. Not only no representatives for Everton (or our opponent either), but two from the RS. Where's the balance in that for an Everton game?

Having said that, I also remember an occasional unbalance in Sky's early days where they once had just Steve McMahon in for a derby match, given he'd played for both clubs!! Imagine how biased he was that day against us!

But at least they used to make an effort to represent both clubs in the past, even if it was a token gesture. Nowadays, that seems to have completely gone out the window, and they don't even make any attempt to hide it.

You can't disagree there's a disproportionate amount of RS pundits on the telly. On Match of the Day alone there's regulars like Mark Lawrenson and Danny Murphy (having only just seen the back of Hansen), plus other more infrequent appearances by Robbie Fowler, Didi Hamann, Michael Owen etc. On Sky, Carragher has now just joined Redknapp, Souness, Phil Thompson et al. It's saturated by the bastards, and they're all deffo biased.

There's a saying: Those who can, DO.....Those that can't, talk about it."

Long gone are the days when a Sky live match had a mainstream pundit in the studio (maybe Andy Gray), with a reasonably balanced opinion from former players alongside him - one representative from each club playing.

I turned on one of our most recent matches in Sky to find Carragher, Souness and someone like Gary Neville in the studio. Not only no representatives for Everton (or our opponent either), but two from the RS. Where's the balance in that for an Everton game?

Having said that, I also remember an occasional unbalance in Sky's early days where they once had just Steve McMahon in for a derby match, given he'd played for both clubs!! Imagine how biased he was that day against us!

But at least they used to make an effort to represent both clubs in the past, even if it was a token gesture. Nowadays, that seems to have completely gone out the window, and they don't even make any attempt to hide it.

Can't remember McMahon on Sky. Would have been funny if someone had called him
fck Off on live tele .

Whoops forgot to quote. That baw-bag Ratcliffe, I meant. Feel sad I never saw him as a player/captain cos he is a massive bel-whiff.

Oh yes, you are gonna get it buster

Megatron.jpg

ALL HAIL NEGATRON

Southall would make a tremendous pundit. Him and Roy Keane together. never going to happen though As main stream media wouldn't go near him.

Kevin Ratcliffe is an Everton legend. In the eighties he gave his heart and soul to the club. A stalwart captain who gave no quarter, and a hero to many. If his skills as a pundit are in any way in question, this in no way effects what he done in an Everton shirt. I find it hard reading some of the comments posted about him. For me nothing will change the fact that, for then , for now , for ever Kevin Ratcliffe, was, is, and always will be an Everton Giant, a Toffee through and through.
Its not his fault we have Yagielka playing for us when he co commentates on our games!lol
An EFC great

Thought Tricky Trev done a very good job whenever he worked on our football coverage here in Ireland.

He was able to pronounce teams and players names correctly and everything, something quite a few of our pundits have serious issue with.
Pretty sure Trev makes a living as an agent now, so probably is quite up on who's at which club etc. One of my fave players from the 80s. Gutted when he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back